Speedometer and Cruise MPH drastically different

bherm

See Attached Photo

Speedometer/Cruise MPH

80/74 mph

50/50 mph

45/45 mph

40/37 mph

I've had the vehicle in to two different Ford Dealerships and they have calibrated it twice and recently updated the software with a new SD card.

Can someone please teach my how to read a speedometer?

post-37730-0-32464500-1443204242_thumb.jpg

The OP's issue is the difference between the speedo needle indicated speed vs. the cruise control set speed.

In my opinion, the needle is not calibrated correctly. It is definitely not right. Will try to confirm it with my car.

Also note that it will not have any relation to the tire size. The difference is in 2 outputs of the cluster itself.

Edited by omar302

Yes they are OEM tires.. Ford is in the process of looking into the issue.

The digital readout is correct in my opinion because it is the closest to "Speedometer" app on my phone.

If Ford cannot resolve the issue they said they might buy it back. Anyone know how that process works?

And for the record I like my EDGE...

OK I had to check mine out. Here is what I was seeing. Yes I set it to 77mph ODO was reading 77 as always (gps was at 75/6mph). Keep in mind the setting will never change since it is a goal for the car to match. The speedometer did vary a bit depending on hills (the up and down kind) thus the speedometer was up and down and varied on occasions. In a perfect world they would both match, but one is a setting and the other is real time input so to speak. Thus they will never actually match all the time.