Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

Does anyone know if the the 2016 builds started today? Would be nice to know when they start and to understand how things progress...My dealership called and checked on things last Friday and they were told everything was still on schedule.

According the blueovalforums.com they re-scheduled the build start date to 12/15. I got my VIN though so they are scheduling custom orders, which is great.

cab2g,

How did you go about getting your VIN? And once you have it, what do you do to track the build?

thanks,

You can private message FordService on this board once a week for updates. They can provide you a VIN and build/shipping updates. Or you can call Ford's customer service phone # 1 (800) 392-3673 option 1, 4, 5

You will need your order number and dealer ID. The dealer can give you both from the DORA form.

• Like 4

Hey Guys;

How are you getting all this info about quality holds? I read on some other post that I cannot locate again that there are a lot of 2015's being held back for quality issues. I wonder what is going on. They have been building these things for 9 month now. I am only asking because I want to place an order for a 2016 this week. Might hold up until production really starts.... Any info appreciated.

It was reported that a few weeks ago 7 different issues came up (not all on the same vehicle) so they started holding them and doing detailed inspections. However, less than 1% of them were found to have even 1 of the issues. So chalk it up to an overabundance of caution caused by all the prior issues.

You can private message FordService on this board once a week for updates. They can provide you a VIN and build/shipping updates. Or you can call Ford's customer service phone # 1 (800) 392-3673 option 1, 4, 5

You will need your order number and dealer ID. The dealer can give you both from the DORA form.

Thanks...will do as soon as I can find a Ford Rep...

You can private message FordService on this board once a week for updates. They can provide you a VIN and build/shipping updates. Or you can call Ford's customer service phone # 1 (800) 392-3673 option 1, 4, 5 [/size]

Just called this number and was told that they couldn't give me any information unless I had a VIN number myself. Has anyone else experienced this? I told them that he should be able to provide me with a VIN if I had the order number and dealer ID and he said that he couldn't. What the heck?

Just called this number and was told that they couldn't give me any information unless I had a VIN number myself. Has anyone else experienced this? I told them that he should be able to provide me with a VIN if I had the order number and dealer ID and he said that he couldn't. What the heck?

I'd recommend PM'ing FordService on this board. I've had my VIN for a couple weeks now and I had been calling the 800 number for awhile to avoid annoying Tricia (FordService). The 800 number seems to have out of date information. I called last Friday with my VIN for an update and they said it was still "in order processing" and not scheduled to a week.

I'd recommend PM'ing FordService on this board. I've had my VIN for a couple weeks now and I had been calling the 800 number for awhile to avoid annoying Tricia (FordService). The 800 number seems to have out of date information. I called last Friday with my VIN for an update and they said it was still "in order processing" and not scheduled to a week.

Thanks! Sent the PM.

Email from my dealer: Got my 2016 VIN and scheduled build week of January 11th.

Primary Features Build Date: 30.11.0002 Vehicle Line: Edge 2015- Engine: 2.0L EcoBoost (250PS) Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic - 6F Mid-Range
  • Oakville Plant Build
  • 2.0L EcoBoost (250PS)
  • 6-Speed Automatic - 6F Mid-Range
  • Edge 2015-

Good Morning knickerbocker,

Do you recall when you placed your order and what the order priority was?

Thanks,

• Like 1

Good Morning knickerbocker,

Do you recall when you placed your order and what the order priority was?

Thanks,

Post #52 of this thread:

Order's in: 2016 Edge Titanium, 301A, Kona Blue outside, Ebony Leather inside, Tow Package, Pano Roof, Navi, 2nd Row Inflateable Belts, CAD$46,784 with X-Plan.

The priority code on my order confirmation was 80, but order number was 0001; and I am assuming both of these changed between then and now. Also, it's a Canadian order, only 2 hours away from Oakville, so hoping it gets delivered before February.

Edited by knickerbocker

My build is also scheduled for the week of January 11. My order was placed on November 9. I signed the deal on November 7. I was a bit upset that they took so long to place the order, but it sounds like it got scheduled pretty early so I am not too upset. My order priority was 12.

• Like 1

My build is also scheduled for the week of January 11. My order was placed on November 9. I signed the deal on November 7. I was a bit upset that they took so long to place the order, but it sounds like it got scheduled pretty early so I am not too upset. My order priority was 12.

Awesome! Sounds like early customer orders are booked for the second week of January. The waiting game begins. I'll be checking status multiple times per day. lol

Awesome! Sounds like early customer orders are booked for the second week of January. The waiting game begins. I'll be checking status multiple times per day. lol

I would love to be able to use the online ford order tracking system, but it hasn't found my order since day one using either the order # or VIN. I have tried 4 different sites at various levels of "beta" testing :)

www.ordertracking.ford.com

www.cotus.ford.com

www.cotusb.ford.com

wwwqa.cotus.ford.com

It's kind of silly that I have to bug FordService every week to get an update since scheduling happens once a week. I am not quite sure why the online Ford tracking tool isn't linked to accurate tracking information especially since it's been around for 5+ years. I heard rumors that it only updates once the order is actually in production, but that makes me wonder why you can even enter in a dealer order # since you get the VIN weeks before production even starts!

The automotive market and dealership business model hasn't changed much in forever.

When Tesla, Apple and Google start selling cars to millennials you can bet they will either adapt or die.

If companies don't give millennials what they want, they die. They(We) are changing how business works in more ways than the Boomer generation did. Older people call it entitlement or naivete but it's just how the world works. Factories work on Just-In-Time scheduling, Amazon does same-day delivery, and most people have access to more info on their smartphones than the President of the USA did only 15 years ago.

IMO, Ford is one of the most technologically advanced automotive suppliers, but I agree that I'd love to see my car being built every step of the way.