2015 Edge / MKX exterior fit & finish

Chipster

Please comment on the exterior "fit & finish" of your Edge / MKX. Any issues with the painted panels like excessive orange peel, cloudy spots, or overspray? How is your door / panel fitment? On a 1-10 scale how would you grade your new vehicle in regards to fit & finish?(1=excellent & 10= not acceptable) Please discuss your problem areas if present, and if you took it back to your dealer what were they able to do to fix your issue(s).

The driver's door on my Edge was making a squeaking noise when it was opened, I showed it to my mechanic (not dealer) and he told me that the forward edge of the door panel was rubbing against the front side panel. He used a tool to force the door panel back just a bit and the noise went away.

Apparently the door panel had slipped forward a little.

I would overall fit and finish at a 5.

My rear hatch was way off alignmnet. The dealer did a pretty good job to

getting it back. But it's still not as good as it could be.

I just noticed the paint is peeling at the top of the rear bumper where it sits under

the rear tail lamp.

Paint finish is so so. Interior finish seems to be ok.

Overall I must say Ford will need to step up their game before I purchase from them again.

I enjoy the vehicle overall but that's NOT enough for me to come back. I'll purchase a Lexus next time.

• Like 1

I've been happy with my fit/finish. I'd say 7.

- There looks to be some overspray on the rear black plastic below the bumper toward the rear wheel. Not sure how it could have got there since the car is painted before that black plastic is assembled.

- Some of the plastic pieces on the exterior creek if pushed on lightly.

- We've been dealing with some rattles as you can see in other threads. For me the solutions have been simple. Not so much for some of the people dealing with moonroof rattles.

I've been satisfied also. I would give it a 7 out of 10. Overall, I think it seems to be made very well. The seams are tight and gaps really good around the doors. I have not noticed any overspray. Some of the plastic is a bit soft as Wingnut noted and you can push it in.

Exterior Issues:

• molding around the rear windows is buckling
  • I noticed where the fog lights would go, the cover was some how pushed in. This was like this from day one (I had pictures from when I picked it up), just didn't notice until the other day.

Interior Issues:

• my roof headliner is cut a little short near the drivers side
  • the interior carpet is cut short on the passenger side causing the LED in the footwell to be blocked
  • rattle on arm rest