2015 Ford Edge - remote start with Smartphone app?

Does the 2015 Ford Edge (Titanium) have a remote start feature via Smartphone App? I thought I saw a screenshot somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, so maybe I imagined it.

I'm looking for something similar to the Hyundai BlueLink, vs. the standard keyfob with the 300' range (or less).

I think the app is called:

Remote Access

?

All I can find is the ordering site on Ford that says it's compatible, but I've learned that "compatible" doesn't mean 100% all the features are there.

TY

I have the smartphone app on my phone: I got the entire cellular setup on eBay for cheap.

The $39 annual fee isn't bad (ok, solely my opinion).

I like that I can start my phone from anywhere and I also get texts and emails of the shock sensor or an open door triggers my alarm.

Just my $0.02.

my remote start range is so good, I can't fathom being further away trying to start it. I always test the limits of the remote start. I always park at the back of the parking lot and always press the remote start right before or right after I walk out the store. I try it just once till I get a visual that it's not on then I keep attempting till I get a go. Total opposite of my 11 fusion. I have to be within a 10ft radius to even unlock the car!

I was very disappointed with th remote start on my 2013 Chevy Malibu. Only thing it did was start the engine. Didn't turn on the A/C/heater, radio, or anything else. Once you were i n the car and inserted the key everythink came on. So what's the use just something elae to go wrong?

Burke

Ford Edge will turn on ac, defroster, heat, seats, etc.

I use the cellular remote start in my garage (I also have an app for my garage door opener). I open the garage and start the car and it's ready to go.

I also use it when I get back to the airport (I travel a LOT). I start the car when I'm on the shuttle. By the time I get to my car, the temp is perfect and I'm ready to go. Same thing for hotels. I start my car from my room and by the time I get to the car, everything is comfortable.

Again, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

I have the smartphone app on my phone: I got the entire cellular setup on eBay for cheap.

The $39 annual fee isn't bad (ok, solely my opinion).

I like that I can start my phone from anywhere and I also get texts and emails of the shock sensor or an open door triggers my alarm.

Just my $0.02.

So did you also have to purchase the Security Kit as well? I'll have to dig some more about the Titanium package. $39 is cheap, IMO. Hyundai bluLink is I think $6.95 or more a month.

Mainly because we have such cold winters here in NY, and the parking garage is about a quarter mile away, it'd be nice to have it nice and warmed up for my butt.

:)