Battery Saver Mode?

So when I turn my edge off now, it says that the Battery Saver System is on and that I need to turn my ignition off or remove the key.

It's been like this for about 2-3 weeks now.

Seems to me like something Ford might enable when it senses your battery is low -- but the battery light never turns on on the vehicle.

My battery saver is coming on often and then again not displaying. Of course I have abused the battery several times by draining when I leave it parked and forgetting to unplug the dashcams/GPS. I am thinking of going to an Interstate 65 series battery like my wife has in her Edge. The battery in the edge I drive is a Motorcraft battery that has been in it for about a year with just about 40k miles on it now.

• 1 year later...

my 2012 limited is doing this now. should I have the alternator replaced?

Several of us here in this forum are using a Solar BA-7 battery tester. Much more accurate than what the use at the dealership. Also tests the alternator & regulator to see if it's working properly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015PI7A4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yKV0zbEMGKJ2W

• Like 1

Same exact symptoms I had. Notifications that things are 'shutting down to preserve charging system.' Eventually most systems start to shut down while driving or simply do not power up at all. Got a new 850CCA AGM - same symptoms. Yep, bad alternator. Got a new alternator and now everything is fine as of June.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

This is an old thread, but thought I would share my experience. 2013 Edge; I had the same "Battery Saver" display, in my case the battery was good, alternator good, found some corrosion on the positive terminal, so removed and cleaned as well as the terminal lead from the fuse box to the battery as I found some corrosion under that terminal. Reconnected everything and the "Battery Saver" pop up cleared and is currently gone. So far so good, Thanks for the info shared here, hope this helps someone else.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just got back from my mechanic and everything with the electrical system was good.

alternator ~ 17 volts output

Battery ~ 750 CCA

Starter ~ good

But the battery saver keeps coming on.

I tried resetting the system by unplugging the battery for 10 min. to reset the system.

anymore suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Try a battery saver reset just to see if the system went back into "delivery" mode. 

1. Turn key on but don't start the engine.

2. Press and release the brake pedal 5 times then turn the emergency blinkers on and off twice.

3. This should reset the system to normal if that's the problem. 

Edited by enigma-2