All Weather Mats

I'd just toss another $100 on top of the Ford All Weather Mats and get the WeatherTech mats. Much better coverage and protection.

I looked into that--- I did not get the cold weather package, but wanted to upgrade the floor mats. I spent about $200 for the ford all weather mats and the cargo liner... checked weathertech's site, and they didn't have any of the mats available for the 2016 edge. (In hindsight, I'm assuming I could have just gotten the 2015 versions and they'd fit too, right?)

I've never seen weathertechs in real life usage, are they really that much better than ford's versions? Curious if I should return the ford ones (they are ordering them from factory as I already took delivery of the car) and go with weathertech?

I looked into that--- I did not get the cold weather package, but wanted to upgrade the floor mats. I spent about $200 for the ford all weather mats and the cargo liner... checked weathertech's site, and they didn't have any of the mats available for the 2016 edge. (In hindsight, I'm assuming I could have just gotten the 2015 versions and they'd fit too, right?)

I've never seen weathertechs in real life usage, are they really that much better than ford's versions? Curious if I should return the ford ones (they are ordering them from factory as I already took delivery of the car) and go with weathertech?

Yes you should return the Ford 'all weather' mats. Yes the 2015 mats fit the 2016 Edge fine. The Weathertech or Husky Liners are much better. You will likely be disappointed with the Ford ones.

I had the Ford All Weahter mats from the day I picked up my '15 Edge. There really is no comparison between the Ford All Weather and the WeatherTech mats. The Ford ones are good to keep some rain water off the carpets and that is about it. With enough rain/snow, it will still get to the carpet. With the WeatherTech mats the floor is covered and the mats are fitted up the side of the floor liner so everything is kept on the mat. No chance for leaking to the carpet. I use them year round and have done the same on past vehicles. Well worth the money.

I imagine the '15 WeatherTech mats would work fine. I don't believe Ford changed the post locations on the driver's side in '16.

The Ford all weather mats are absolute crap. They barely cover the front carpets. I used mine for about 2 months in the summer before I grabbed some Weathertech's. I am planning on getting the rear mats and cargo liner soon. We had about 2o inches of snow and they were awesome, trapping all of the salt and crap.