2015-16 2.7 Ecoboost modifications

I have a 2015 Edge Sport with the 2.7 Ecoboost and I have started with the upgrades so far I have done:

1. Livernois programmer I am running the aggressive 93 Octane tune.

2. K&N drop in air filter.

3. Magnaflow exhaust is ordered I will be installing next week.

4. MGP Brake Caliper covers.

Once the exhaust is installed I will take a video and post the link as I can not find one anywhere on the Internet.

Has anyone else started with any mods or know of anything else out there? I am waiting for H&R Springs to release a part number so I can get mine sitting a little lower. I look forward to seeing if anyone else has done any performance mods that I don't know of yet. Can't wait for all of the aftermarket companies to start releasing stuff

• Like 1

Robalo1, welcome. I have all the same mods as you except the exhaust.

Also looking out for a way to lower this beast.

I got a laser jammer and a radar detector, not sure if it counts as a performance booster.

Also, removed ecoboost out back and added twin turbo badge, probably good for 10hp.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing voids the entire warranty but if you have engine or transmission problems that Ford believes was caused by the tuner then they might refuse to cover that specific problem. Those problems seem to be rare though. You can put the stock tune back in before taking it for service.

So, does the Livernois programmer in any way void the Ford warranty?

If you read the full Warranty, its easy to see how Ford could indeed rule that the enhanced tuning was the cause of the failure.

Its certainty possible (if not probable) that Ford would look long and hard to find any excuse to deny your claim if they even suspected tampering. (see last sentence below).

Here's a copy if the applicable section from the 2015 warranty :

-----------------------------

Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:

alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis, or components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company

tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not limited to exhaust and intake systems)

the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford) designed for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail.

Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance chips

Edited by enigma-2

Ford usually will focus on major stuff, not minor stuff, events that their stats show shouldn't happen. That's why it is important to go to proven, reliable tuners in the first place, because they WILL NOT do anything that reeks of "jackass-ery". If you don't seek their advice, and don't listen to them, it is your cross to bear.

They still have to "prove" your modification was the fault

Yes but it's only proof by a preponderance of the evidence, not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

If you're running oversized tires they're not going to cover wheel bearings or suspension components. If they know you had a tune and your transmission shows signs of too much torque they may not cover it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Robalo, hows the new exhausts sound, can you post some video?

I too am curious. I'm considering the Magnaflow exhaust and the LMS tune. I will however take my Edge to LMS and have it dyno tuned (they're local to me) as well as install these little pieces...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tbs-ts-0203-1281/overview/year/2016/make/ford/model/edge

Edited by always on edge

You need the dual port if you want sound. The plumb back operates just like the oem one

[1quote name=always on edge" post="154015" timestamp="1466871090]I too am curious. I'm considering the Magnaflow exhaust and the LMS tune. I will however take my Edge to LMS and have it dyno tuned (they're local to me) as well as install these little pieces...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tbs-ts-0203-1281/overview/year/2016/make/ford/model/edge

You need the dual port if you want sound. The plumb back operates just like the oem one

[1quote name=always on edge" post="154015" timestamp="1466871090]I too am curious. I'm considering the Magnaflow exhaust and the LMS tune. I will however take my Edge to LMS and have it dyno tuned (they're local to me) as well as install these little pieces...

Yeah, I'm not interested in sound, recirculating is just fine with me.

If I wanted sound, I would've ordered a Focus RS...lol