Ambient Lighting by the Footwell

Does the footwell lighting is included in the 2016 Titanium Edge?

If so where is the control for it?

My old 2013 Edge Limited had the control on the MFT screen and I could switch to 6 different colors. On the 2016 Titanium the MFT does not have anything for ambient lighting or lights

Any options in the instrument cluster for lighting? The Titanium and Sport are listed in the brochure as having ambient lighting, so I'd hope that's actually true.

EDIT: You have Sync3, right? I think if you are on the Home Screen, you will see SETTINGS in the lower right hand corner. Select that, then look for the AMBIENT LIGHTING option. You can adjust from there.

Tap a color once to active ambient lighting.
This sets the color to the highest intensity.
You can drag the colors up and down to
increase or decrease the intensity.
To switch ambient lighting off, press the
active color once or drag the active color
all the way down to zero intensity.

The manual is available here:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/SYNC-3-Supplement-version-2_sycsy_EN-US_10_2015.pdf

Pg 97

It is unfortunate the thing is so skimpy on pics.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I understand what you are saying but in my 2016 Edge I don’t have anything similar

Yes I have Sync3 and on my screen when I touch the “Settings” I get 8 squares on the screen (Sound, Clock, Bluetooth, 911 Assist, Navigation, Mobile Apps, General and Voice Control)

When I touch on the “General Square” I get: Language, Distance, Temperature, Touch Screen Beep, Auto System Updates, About, Software Licences and. Main Reset. There is nothing about Lights or Ambient Lights

On the left instrument cluster I do have an entry for Lights but the only option on this entry is to adjust how many seconds the lights stay on after you open a door etc.

The footwells and the bottom of the doors are lit when I open any door but when I close the doors all these lights go OFF.

Thanks for the manual, its handy to have it on .PDF format

This DID the trick ONEDGE16, wow, I dont have page 2 but looking on the screen I touched it and swept with my finger to the left and there I can see the extra icons for Ambient Light, WiFi, Vallet and one more which I forget.what it was. Now I can check all the other screens in the same way to see what else I can discover, LOL

Much appreciated

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 5/8/2016 at 12:20 AM, oskar27 said:

Does the footwell lighting is included in the 2016 Titanium Edge?

If so where is the control for it?

My old 2013 Edge Limited had the control on the MFT screen and I could switch to 6 different colors. On the 2016 Titanium the MFT does not have anything for ambient lighting or lights

Where is the drivers side foot well lighting located on the 2018 Titanium.

From the 2018 Edge Workshop Manual...

840615162_AmbientLightingWiringDiagram-Footwell-Console-MediaBin-2018EdgeWorkshopManual.thumb.jpg.027706e684334b36fda39f9cf8ecd2a0.jpg

976243326_AmbientFootwellLampLHConnectorC209Location-2018EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.d88283b26677b201dfc332676d367cbc.jpg

1762963096_AmbientFootwellLampRHConnectorC266Location-2018EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.4a9eeda6b12dec17b7d5b74a77e4e93c.jpg

1007391339_BodyControlModule(BCM)-ConnectorC2280GLocation-2018EdgeWorkshopManual.jpg.7ae7ddd6835a9d658be3a41e4bd7f32c.jpg

1012622511_BodyControlModule(BCM)-ConnectorC2280GPlug-InLocation-2018EdgeWorkshopManual.thumb.jpg.21b53efe66dfb234a8d41b605b3cfb28.jpg

One Or More Of The Ambient Lighting LEDs Are Inoperative Or Do Not Change Color/Intensity

Refer to Wiring Diagrams for schematic and connector information.

**Download links to Connector details documents is at bottom of this post**

Normal Operation and Fault Conditions

REFER to: Interior Lighting - System Operation and Component Description

**Download link to this document at bottom of this post**

DTC Fault Trigger Conditions

DTC Description Fault Trigger Conditions
B1465:00 Ambient Lighting Bus 1: No Sub Type Information Sets when the BCM detects a fault in the LIN circuit to the door ambient lighting Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs).
B1467:00 Ambient Lighting Bus 3: No Sub Type Information Sets when the BCM detects a fault in the LIN circuit to the footwell and center console ambient lighting Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs).

Possible Sources

• Wiring, terminals or connectors
  • Ambient lighting LED
  • BCM

PINPOINT TEST I: ONE OR MORE OF THE AMBIENT LIGHTING LIGHT EMITTING DIODES (LEDS) ARE INOPERATIVE OR DO NOT CHANGE COLOR/INTENSITY

I1 CHECK THE AMBIENT LIGHTING LIGHT EMITTING DIODES (LEDS)

• Ignition ON.
  • Place the headlamp switch in the PARKING LAMPS position.
  • Observe the operation of all the ambient lighting Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs).

Are all the front and rear door, instrument panel, cup holder and footwell ambient lighting Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) inoperative?

Yes GO to Pinpoint Test H
No GO to I2

I2 CHECK FOR VOLTAGE TO THE LED (LIGHT EMITTING DIODE)

• Ignition OFF.
  • Disconnect Inoperative ambient lighting LED .
  • Ignition ON.
  • Place the headlamp switch in the PARKLAMPS position.
  • Measure:

LH Front Footwell

Positive Lead Measurement / Action Negative Lead
     C209 Pin 1 imagen2.dll?id=E141493_EUR&w=99&t=JPG  Ground

RH Front Footwell

C266 Pin 1 imagen2.dll?id=E141493_EUR&w=99&t=JPG  Ground

Is the voltage greater than 11 volts?

Yes GO to I3
    No REPAIR the LED voltage supply circuit in question.

I3 CHECK THE LED (LIGHT EMITTING DIODE) GROUND CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN
    • Measure:

LH Front Footwell

C209 Pin 1 imagen2.dll?id=E141493_EUR&w=99&t=JPG  C209 Pin 3

RH Front Footwell

C266 Pin 1 imagen2.dll?id=E141493_EUR&w=99&t=JPG  C266 Pin 3

Is the voltage greater than 11 volts?

Yes GO to I4
      No REPAIR the ground circuit in question.

I4 CHECK THE AMBIENT LIGHTING LIN (LOCAL INTERCONNECT NETWORK) CIRCUIT FOR AN OPEN
      • Ignition OFF.
      • Place the headlamp switch in the OFF position.
      • Disconnect BCM C2280D (door and rear footwell Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)).
      • Disconnect BCM C2280G (cup holder, front console and front footwell Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)).
      • Measure:

LH Front Footwell

C209 Pin 2 imagen2.dll?id=E141499_EUR&w=99&t=JPG  C2280G Pin 13

RH Front Footwell

C266 Pin 2 imagen2.dll?id=E141499_EUR&w=99&t=JPG  C2280G Pin 13

Is the resistance less than 3 ohms?

Yes INSTALL a new ambient lighting LED in question.
        No REPAIR the circuit.

Document Download Links>

Interior Lighting - System Operation and Component Description - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Ambient Lighting Wiring Diagram - Footwell-Console-Media Bin - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Ambient Footwell Lamp LH Connector C209 Location- 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Ambient Footwell Lamp LH - Connector C209 Details + Photo - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Ambient Footwell Lamp RH Connector C266 Location- 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Ambient Footwell Lamp RH - Connector C266 Details + Photo - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Body Control Module (BCM) - Connector C2280G Location - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Body Control Module (BCM) - Connector C2280G Plug-In Location - 2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Body Control Module (BCM) - Connector C2280G Details -2018 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

• 4 months later...

Great information.  Thank you.  I recently purchased the Ford Ambient light kit CL8Z-13E700-AA for my 2018 Edge SEL.  The only installation instructions I can find is for a 2013 Edge.  In those instructions it says to tap in for power  at the BCM connector C2280E Pin 6  Yellow/Blue parking light circuit.   Would this be the same for the 2018 Edge or looking at your diagram would I use the BCM connector C2280G Pin 2  Parking Lamp switch?   Before I start installing this I want to make sure I know exactly where to get the power from.  Dealer wants $200 to install it.  

Thanks for your help.

Great.  Thanks.   Connector C2280F pin 12 shows Control Mod. Park.  Is this the parking light?  Would you happen to have the diagrams for Connectors C2280B and C2280E?   Thanks again for your help.  Seems like there is multiple locations to tap in for the parking lamps on different connectors.