Engine Cranks but don't start says Low oil pressure

Looking for Help

Help...2011 Edge cranks but will not start. Getting a (Low Engine Oil Pressure) message. Is this something I can fix or is this a dealer problem. Checked oil and its good. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

may I add it was running fine a 2 weeks ago but has been sitting since.

Edited by Looking for Help

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much for the info, WWWPerfA_ZNOW, (um, how do you pronounce that? ;)) I've been getting the low pressure warning every time my 2011 Edge is at idle and it's cold or just chilly outside. It's got to be the same thing! Very annoying. And it's just intermittent enough to not show up while at the service dept., and then I get "the look" from the service advisor like I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Ah, such is life. But my 100,000 mile service is coming up, so now I have something to politely hand them when they tell me I'm crazy again.

Anyway, thanks again!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the info, WWWPerfA_ZNOW, (um, how do you pronounce that? ;)) I've been getting the low pressure warning every time my 2011 Edge is at idle and it's cold or just chilly outside. It's got to be the same thing! Very annoying. And it's just intermittent enough to not show up while at the service dept., and then I get "the look" from the service advisor like I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Ah, such is life. But my 100,000 mile service is coming up, so now I have something to politely hand them when they tell me I'm crazy again.

Anyway, thanks again!

How about take a video of it & show it to the dealer.

• Like 2

Not directly related to this issue, but thought I would add it here just in case

TSB 13-1-15_ANTI LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS)-ADVANCED TRAC WARNING LIGHT ILLUMINATED - DTCS P193C AND U0401 - BUILT ON OR BEFORE Jan23-2013

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=179343

The concern often occurs when idling for long periods with the air conditioning on, or when shifting gears. Requires powertrain recalibration.