gjb89's 2015 Sport Build

gjb89

--2015 Sport White Platinum Metallic--

Mods as of now.
Interior Cosmetic
- OEM All-Weather Floor Mats
- 25% Tint on the Front windows (State Limit)

- "SPORT" Embroidered Headrests

- Ebay Interior Rubber Console Mats

- Ebay Check Arm Covers

Exterior Cosmetic
- Osram D3S 5500k CBI
- JDM Astar 7440 Amber Leds
- iJDMTOY H15 "DRL" 6000k Leds
- Drive Bright Led Puddle Lights
- Vleds 6000k License Plate Leds
- Lamin-X Headlight & Tail Light Covers in "Tint" shade
- Black Ford Center Caps
- Ford Front and Rear Emblems Painted Black

- Gloss Black Painted Mirror Caps
- Rear Bumper Reflectors Wrapped in Tint Vinyl

Engine/Performance
- LMS 93 Performanc tune
- Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port Blow Off Valve
- MagnaFlow Cat-Back #19048
- AutoMeter Cobalt Mechanical Boost/Vacuum Gauge
- Android S5 for Torque Pro

17e750a7-a875-4011-b5d7-fd6cc1c19a4d_zps

992ea524-8f51-4016-8a22-8cc636a86d43_zps

1c09c2de-4d3f-472d-926f-ea260b695c46_zps

739a30d9-4113-4142-a330-f55d2c502cf4_zps

13709838-8bc6-4084-b0a6-6abebbeb3d37_zps

e2633a12-3524-451b-af06-9266ce71ef3a_zps

Edited by gjb89
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Check out post
# 10

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/20636-rear-emblem-paint/

It's hard to tell with the sun directly on the taillight but they are tinted the same shade as my headlights. The first time I changed the bulbs I didn't remove the headlights and it was a huge pain. After that I've taken the headlights off to replace the bulbs. FYI be care off the small little tabs that hold the bulb in. I broke a few of those off the first. Should change your DRL while you have the fixtures out. I was able to find one that matches the signature lights pretty close.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you specialk4523! I took a picture of the rear emblem on the hatch and sent it to my embroiderer to have it digitized, that way the "font" matched. Took him about a month to get the text just right. I think it was well worth the wait. I was going to have the rear headrests done too but apparently those are glued together and he didn't feel comfortable taking those apart.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bulb out issues with replacing the H15 halogen with the H15 LED? Which brand of H15 LED did you purchase? VLED? Also, do you have any pic of the rear license plate at night, i don't know if the VLED are going to be "too bright"

I'm sure you will get a bulb out warning, I disabled the bulb out notification with forscan instead of using resistors. The H15 I purchased were from iJDmtoy.com. There is a picture above with the license plate lit with the leds. They have about the same output as the OEM ones just a different color.

I'm sure you will get a bulb out warning, I disabled the bulb out notification with forscan instead of using resistors. The H15 I purchased were from iJDmtoy.com. There is a picture above with the license plate lit with the leds. They have about the same output as the OEM ones just a different color.

Thanks! And about the puddle lights, which one did you buy? I read that you need a whole new puddle lens to change it to a white one, since it's not easy changing only the led in that puddle light
The only option i could find is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-For-2015-Ford-Edge-Rearview-Mirror-Ground-Laser-3D-Shadow-Light-Puddle-Lamp-/112014765606with the logo "Ford" that is animated once you unlock the car

Do a search on YouTube, you can remove the lens, replace bulb, then refit the lens,

I managed to get a spare set of lamps, I've removed the lens, am just waiting for some silicon to arrive.

Thanks! And about the puddle lights, which one did you buy? I read that you need a whole new puddle lens to change it to a white one, since it's not easy changing only the led in that puddle light

The only option i could find is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-For-2015-Ford-Edge-Rearview-Mirror-Ground-Laser-3D-Shadow-Light-Puddle-Lamp-/112014765606with the logo "Ford" that is animated once you unlock the car

• Like 1

I personally purchased my puddlelights from Drive Bright, I love how they look. You can check out the youtube video on how to install. As a bonus they usually ship a pair of plate LEDs. Nice touch and great customer service.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you specialk4523! I took a picture of the rear emblem on the hatch and sent it to my embroiderer to have it digitized, that way the "font" matched. Took him about a month to get the text just right. I think it was well worth the wait. I was going to have the rear headrests done too but apparently those are glued together and he didn't feel comfortable taking those apart.

Love the headrests. Who's is your embroiderer? Looking to get this done as well.. Would you mind giving me the cost or at least a ballpark trying to understand what it will set me back. Thanks.

• 1 year later...