remote lock/unlock not stopped working on 2012 Ford Edge

I have a 2012 Ford Edge with three button smart key. Today the three buttons (lock, unlock, panic) just stopped working. I replaced the battery in the key. No luck. Also tried my spare key, it doesn't work either, so I'm guessing that the car isn't receiving the signal and needs to be reset? The car still starts, just can't remotely lock, unlock. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Look under the instrument cluster for a small black box labeled Siemens "CONT.ASY-R/CONT LK & ALAM SYS MN". This is the black box that controls the connection between the FOBs and the doors.

Unplug both connectors and leave them unplugged for at least an hour. Then plug the connectors back in. Should fix the problem and the FOB should be able to communicate with the car again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Enigma. I looked and cannot find a box with a Siemens label or the "CONT.ASY-R/CONT LK & ALAM SYS MN" . I had an installer put an aftermarket Clifford remote start on it about a year ago. Would they have removed/replaced the Siemens box, or am I just not locating it? I have seen a picture of one on a ford focus forum, so I have an idea of what it looks like, but I haven't located it.

Try checking the fuses. If ok, I think I would try pulling the fuse and leave it out for an hour.

To be honest, I'm not certain which fuse it is, but in the 2012 Edge, fuse #6 controls the RF, #18 controls the PATS, #20 controls the lock/unlock relays (w/o IA), #23 controls the Intelligent Access and #26 also plays a part in IA.

• Like 3

Enigma-2, I pulled fuses #6, #18, #20 (as I don't have IA, I left #23 and #26). Waited about an hour and replaced. My remote lock/unlock and panic alarm now work from the key fob again!!!

You are so very helpful in these forums. I have read and learned so much here, and you are a big part of it. Many thanks. You are awesome!

I feel your pain brother enigma. Changed the oil/filter/coolant/airfilter in my wife's Trailblazer today. Major PITA. Had to remove the right front wheel to get to the filter.

I'm on my back under the beast and she steps into the garage and says "Aren't you DONE with that yet!?" Finished up and then mowed the grass. No joke.

24 years - every minute bliss!!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

I have a 12 MKX and I'm having the same problem

I can start the car with the fob but buttons aren't working ! Where can I find the Siemens module you're taking about ? I can't find it !

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Where is the box witha Siemens label or the "CONT.ASY-R/CONT LK & ALAM SYS MN" located

Check batteries in the key fobs (look for corrosion).

Try resetting the Body Control Module by disconnecting the vehicle battery for 10 minutes.

• 9 months later...
Guest Saviour Jude

Hi

Got a 2012 ford edge limited and my power door lock unlock won't work and the key won't lock or unlock the car either! Read through and couldn't find anything on both phenomena. Gotta get the car to lock by manually pushing down the lock on all four doors before stepping down and getting in through the trunk just to be able to get back in the car. Liftgate still works fine. What do I do please? 

13 minutes ago, Guest Saviour Jude said:

Hi

Got a 2012 ford edge limited and my power door lock unlock won't work and the key won't lock or unlock the car either! Read through and couldn't find anything on both phenomena. Gotta get the car to lock by manually pushing down the lock on all four doors before stepping down and getting in through the trunk just to be able to get back in the car. Liftgate still works fine. What do I do please? 

doesn't your edge have the keypad on the driver's door? i had an '09 LTD and i'm pretty sure that it had that.

there is also a cap on the door handle that comes off to reveal a key slot. the key is in your key fob. you can use that temporarily as well.

you say "got a 2012..." is it new to you? has it worked in the past and just stopped now?