Fluttering Noise from Undercarriage and Dashboad Rattle

Awesome, thank you everyone.  I couldn't clearly tell what they were due to the rust but this gives me a good point to go from.  Pretty sure they don't sell the nuts by themselves based on when the passenger side was replaced under warranty.  (Same issue)  The dealer had to order the entire replacement shield kit.  (Seemed wasteful then too).  Thanks again!

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Double George said:

I have same issue on my2020 edge, however there are no plastic clips on my covers. There are only the stamped metal nuts along the edges. How can I eliminate the rattling? I thought about pool noodles slid between panels and bottom of car. Would this work?

They're recessed so unless you get right below them you might not see them - also possible that Ford made a change with your Model/Year - maybe @Haz can confirm.

15 hours ago, Double George said:

I have same issue on my2020 edge, however there are no plastic clips on my covers. There are only the stamped metal nuts along the edges. How can I eliminate the rattling? I thought about pool noodles slid between panels and bottom of car. Would this work?

Hey, as from pictures from @Haz, my 2018 Ford Edge has similar layout as 2.7L model. All I did was, removing the loose middle clips on the side panels on both driver and passenger side and keep the good ones. And for the good ones I added double sided tape inbetween clips and frame to act as cushion and that worked for me. Driven 160 once and no rattle at all. Hope this helps

Edited by bhamraS97

1 hour ago, bhamraS97 said:

Hey, as from pictures from @Haz, my 2018 Ford Edge has similar layout as 2.7L model. All I did was, removing the loose middle clips on the side panels on both driver and passenger side and keep the good ones. And for the good ones I added double sided tape inbetween clips and frame to act as cushion and that worked for me. Driven 160 once and no rattle at all. Hope this helps

And what 2018 model is that?

Please add that to your profile signature - Settings - Ford Edge Forum