Airbag Deployment - How to tell?

jamers1

Can the Ford Dealer determine if a 2013 Edge has ever had an airbag deployment by looking at the car's computer? I'm asking because I'm looking at a used 2013 Edge Limited that I'm about 99% convinced the front end sustained some prior damage even though it's not listed on the Car Fax report. Here are my clues:

1) Price is too low for mileage, condition, and options. About $2500 below what I would expect it to list for.

2) Limited with painted front grill which what not an option (painted grill is 1/2 the price of a chrome grill so I suspect someone had t replace it and opted for the least expensive fix)

3) Lines between the hood and front fender narrows on both sides as it sweeps down towards the front bumper.

I plan to further inspect the car for other issues but would be really concerned if the airbags had been deployed. That would indicate some pretty serious damage. Not to mention the chance of substandard air bag replacements. I'm hoping it nothing more than the previous owner had minor damage and maybe had it repaired without going thru insurance therefore it never appeared on the Car Fax.

post-753-0-92506100-1501766577_thumb.jpg

post-753-0-44955300-1501766583_thumb.jpg

I don't think it has been in that type of accident, the lines are very well matched. As for the grille, it could simply have been custom painted, not all that uncommon. the lines do narrow from the pics I have seen in brochures & online images.

Good q on the airbag deployment. IDK if it is mandatory to be reported in those cases. Ford could probably tell by digging into the systems, not sure a dealer could, unless there are markings that tell you that the airbag was installed during production. And there are multiple air "bags" to examine, in that case.