Bosch Icon wiper blades part numbers for 2016?

I have used bosch icons for years and had them on many vehicles including my last edge, an '09.

now it seems like it's impossible to find the right blades of any brand. i bought a set of Bosch Icon 28A and B, supposedly A for the driver's side and B for the passenger's side. The clips weren't the same as on the car. The wiper arms are basically like a stick. no U-shaped hook at the end like the old ones. I took them back no problem but now i'm wondering if the 28AOE and BOE will work. i'm not sure. and on top of that, the store only carries the AOE and no BOE. they are asymetric so i can't (shouldn't) put the same one on both sides.

here's the funny business:

• the bosch website states only the 28BOE is for the 2016 edge but they're asymetric
  • the packaging clearly shows A for driver's side and B for passenger side.
  • a local car part chain's website states: A type blades for U - hook style arms and B type blades are for pin arms and flat blades which is totally BS

I don't want to order from amazon in case i get the wrong blades and they don't fit.

has anyone here bought bosch icons? if so, what part number fit on your 2nd gen edge?

Amazon lists the 28AOE and BOE for the Ford Edge.

hah, interesting. amazon.ca doesn't!!! i should have looked at the .com site.

so here is my report. i was anxious to get new blades so i went to one of the big chains (canadian tire for anyone who's interested) and i bought a 28AOE. they don't carry the BOE though because they are idiots.

it fit! since the "spoiler" part is meant for the driver's side, i couldn't buy two AOE models. so i went to another store where they carried both AOE and BOE but their price is nearly double. $28 at CT (remember, canadian pesos) vs $53 at the other place. so i just bought the BOE there. i complained to the person helping me and they brought the price down to $44. so my average price was $36.

As an additional note to any other potential buyers who can only find one side or the other, i have a sneaking suspicion that one could pull the clip off of the blade and turn it around to make it work for the opposite side. I didn't try it but when it comes time to replace these ones, i'll try to take them apart, that way if i break them then it won't matter. i didn't want to risk breaking a brand new one.

So there you have it, the Bosch Icon windshield wipers that fit my 2016 Edge are 28AOE (driver's side) and 28BOE (passenger's side.)

BTW, the blades are great. they are smooth and quiet and they leave the glass absolutely clean and streak free. let's see how long they last.

Edited by ben senise
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2017 at 5:16 PM, ben senise said:

hah, interesting. amazon.ca doesn't!!! i should have looked at the .com site.

so here is my report. i was anxious to get new blades so i went to one of the big chains (canadian tire for anyone who's interested) and i bought a 28AOE. they don't carry the BOE though because they are idiots.

it fit! since the "spoiler" part is meant for the driver's side, i couldn't buy two AOE models. so i went to another store where they carried both AOE and BOE but their price is nearly double. $28 at CT (remember, canadian pesos) vs $53 at the other place. so i just bought the BOE there. i complained to the person helping me and they brought the price down to $44. so my average price was $36.

As an additional note to any other potential buyers who can only find one side or the other, i have a sneaking suspicion that one could pull the clip off of the blade and turn it around to make it work for the opposite side. I didn't try it but when it comes time to replace these ones, i'll try to take them apart, that way if i break them then it won't matter. i didn't want to risk breaking a brand new one.

So there you have it, the Bosch Icon windshield wipers that fit my 2016 Edge are 28AOE (driver's side) and 28BOE (passenger's side.)

BTW, the blades are great. they are smooth and quiet and they leave the glass absolutely clean and streak free. let's see how long they last.

I know this is a little late to reawaken this thread, but I have a 2017 FORD EDGE Titanium AWD 3.5L V6 and I bought those 2 exact wipers. Bosch icon 28AOE (drivers side) and 28BOE (passenger side) and for me they don't seem to click in perfectly like the ones that came with my edge. They go in but not a hard flush tight click like you usually get. There is a nail gap between metal and plastic that isn't there with the other wipers that where already on the edge when I bought it. So I'm just wondering,  is this normal? 

On 8/13/2019 at 4:51 PM, ThugFordEdge3.5 said:

I know this is a little late to reawaken this thread, but I have a 2017 FORD EDGE Titanium AWD 3.5L V6 and I bought those 2 exact wipers. Bosch icon 28AOE (drivers side) and 28BOE (passenger side) and for me they don't seem to click in perfectly like the ones that came with my edge. They go in but not a hard flush tight click like you usually get. There is a nail gap between metal and plastic that isn't there with the other wipers that where already on the edge when I bought it. So I'm just wondering,  is this normal? 

can you post a pic to show what you mean?

On 12/25/2017 at 3:16 PM, ben senise said:

I literally just had this same problem buying these blades from Canadian tire so I tried to turn the clip around but you can't do it.  When you take the clip off you will see it will not fit if you try and reverse it. Save you taking apart your old ones.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:38 PM, vipervenom550 said:

I literally just had this same problem buying these blades from Canadian tire so I tried to turn the clip around but you can't do it.  When you take the clip off you will see it will not fit if you try and reverse it. Save you taking apart your old ones.

thanks for the info. i was just thinking that i'll probably put on a new set before winter.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, onyxbfly said:

I know everyone's environment is different. Different environments will factor into different results etc. On average how many years would you say that you get out of the Bosch Icons? I've been running PIAA on my lady's edge. We're both due for new wipers.  I'm open to new choices. 

i usually get about two years out of mine. winters here on the left coast are fairly mild by canadian standards. car is garaged and rarely left parked in the sun. car has 40,000 km in just over three years.

• Like 1

2 years is not bad at all considering your conditions and circumstances.   They might do my lady well. She does about half of your mileage. Including padding the miles for road trips etc. Her commute is less than 1 mile per day.  But she parks out side the majority of the time.  She's not overly picky about them. She just did not want to pay for PIAA. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.