Most Milage to date?

Jason07EdgeSe

I was worried I was the only one who was gonna put outrageous milage on my Edge. I bought it on March 20, 2008 -- not even a month ago -- and now have 2295 miles on it. The dealership expects me to do my 3000 mile service on May 19th! Ha! I wish. :rockon:

Hi meatgel. :D Just an FYI, in case you were unaware: The Ford recommended "Normal Service" interval on the Edge is 7500 miles (not 3,000). Unless your driving qualifies as "Severe Service" or you use your Edge to tow, you do not need to perform regular maintenance at 3,000 mile intervals.

Dealers are still pushing 3,000 mile service intervals because they naturally make more money on more frequent service. Save your money and follow Fords recommendations.

Of course, if it gives you peace of mind to perform service more frequently, go ahead and do so.

All of this information is available in the Maintenance Schedule that you should have received with your car.

If you can not find the booklet, you can download a PDF copy here: LINK: Maintenance Schedules

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 1 month later...
Hi meatgel. :D Just an FYI, in case you were unaware: The Ford recommended "Normal Service" interval on the Edge is 7500 miles (not 3,000). Unless your driving qualifies as "Severe Service" or you use your Edge to tow, you do not need to perform regular maintenance at 3,000 mile intervals.

Dealers are still pushing 3,000 mile service intervals because they naturally make more money on more frequent service. Save your money and follow Fords recommendations.

Of course, if it gives you peace of mind to perform service more frequently, go ahead and do so.

All of this information is available in the Maintenance Schedule that you should have received with your car.

If you can not find the booklet, you can download a PDF copy here: LINK: Maintenance Schedules

Good luck. :beerchug:

My dealer included free oil changes (and washes) for life on my 2008SEL...is this becoming standard in the dealer business?

My dealer included free oil changes (and washes) for life on my 2008SEL...is this becoming standard in the dealer business?

for life! say what? I would say either (1) you over paid, they knew it, and this made them feel fine with it and you feel like you scored ;) or (2) the dealer was smokin crack :) and needed to make a sale bad

never heard anyone here getting a 'for life' deal...

• 1 year later...

You guys are all rookies! I bought my Edge on June 22, 2007 and now have 86,500 miles. One major thing did go wrong. I started seeing leaking six month in, took it to the dealer and, the short story, They put a new engine in it @24,000 miles because they said the block was leaking. I couldn't get much more info from them !!

Jim