Fresh Air Intake Mod

GT500R

For those who ordered an ABS intake they should be arriving by the end of today 05/14.  There are two V2 ABS intakes in stock ready to ship that are available right now if anyone is interested.  The Carbon Fiber material is still waiting to be manufactured and shipped to me. When it does arrive there will be 2 CF intakes available that have not been spoken for. I will post when it does arrive. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gredgesport said:

Thank you so much I received mine today and was able to install in just a few minutes.

35DD6490-AE48-4AB1-B084-685D7409BAC6_1_201_a.heic

That's great news, looking good .  I finally got the fitment bugs worked out with the V2, as it has fit every 2015 to 18 Edged so far. 

I converted your photo for easier viewing hope you don't mind. 

gredgesport V2 installed copy.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

@Xtra, probably setting myself up for failure, but any idea if this would fit the 2.0 engine bay?  you would think the basic structure/underpinnings would allow it, but may need additional support the Sport/ST already comes with.  TIA!

Yes, for a 2015 - 2018. Won't fit on a 2019+

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23939-fresh-air-intake-mod/?do=findComment&comment=218239

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

@Xtra, probably setting myself up for failure, but any idea if this would fit the 2.0 engine bay?  you would think the basic structure/underpinnings would allow it, but may need additional support the Sport/ST already comes with.  TIA!

It is as lildisco said. The V2 fits all 2015 to 2018 Edge regardless of model or engine. There might be some European models that I am unaware of that may not be compatible. Otherwise all 2015 to 18 Edges are good to go. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. The Carbon Fiber material has been made ! It still has to be shipped and that can take awhile, but progress id being made. I will have the Plastic shop make some ABS ones to fill the order up to the minimum required to get the discount. That way those of you that have ordered the CF V2 don't have to wait. I better get busy on refurbishing the V2 mold.  

• Thanks 1

Let the refurbishment begin. It needs some TLC to get her back into shape....  and fiberglass and sanding and polishing. It has to be ready when the CF arrives to stay on track. I will have a couple CF intakes available in this next run and I will also make a few ABS ones so they will both be in stock.. 

V2 rebuild.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have started the refreshing of the mold so it will be ready when needed. I am getting ready to do another run of the  ABS and Carbon Fiber V2s so now is the time to place orders. PM me. 

V2 refresh 6-11-21.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bryantgbell said:

Are the Carbon Fiber intakes almost ready? really looking forward to it! 

I have to apologize for the delay I contacted the CF vendor this morning (Monday) and they made the material, but it was the wrong thickness it was 1/16 inch and it needs to be double that 1/8 inch thick. This is just another reason that yours will most likely will be among the last of the V2s made in CF. The material is beautiful, but the vendor is flaky 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

I talked about this a couple of pages back. If you have by following you may remember. I was warned by the plastic shop that prices were going up after I did the last batch. And today they gave me the new price with a 8 unit minimum order. The ABS V2 intakes are now going to be $125 . That’s $ 7 bucks more than before. When they first told me about the price increase after the last batch they said it could  be as much as $10 bucks. Though I don’t want any increase in price, 7 is better than 10 . It still sucks as I do my best , but it seems like everything is going up these days and I don’t have any control over it .  Thanks to everyone for your support. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Thanks 1

Good news !!  I spoke to the CF vendor today and was promised that the CF would ship on Thursday  6 - 24. I expect if they ship on Thursday, (and are not blowing smoke) then it should arrive around 7 -2.   As soon as the CF arrives I will take it to the plastic shop and have it molded. No messing around, I will take off July 4, but other than that I intend to ship the CF V2 intakes ASAP.  The ABS orders will be molded at the same time and they will start shipping after the CF is done.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 4:15 PM, hyperc32 said:

So has anyone confirmed an increased airflow?

I was trying to do some data logging and it's hard to tell.  I can see that the intake box temperature generally cools down faster with the Xtra intake but is hard to see if that translates into more power.  

• Like 3

The CF vendor called and said it is being made today and is shipping tomorrow. They even sent me an invoice ( that I paid  ) so I am sure that it is happening. I originally ordered the material back in early April. I will post again when it arrives. 

• Like 1