notification of low fuel

My 2014 edge notifies me when I am down to 40km to empty it only charms this once I have tried to find a way to increase it to 80km does anyone know if that is possible?

My 2009 edge warned me at 80 with a charm and then every 10km less after that which was great would love to be able to reprogram this one to do more

If it is possible it would be via Forscan but I haven’t heard anyone doing it or if it’s possible.

They changed the algorithm sometime around 2013 (my 2013 fusion did the same thing - only came on around 23 miles to empty). They changed it back to 50 miles (80 km) for the the 2015+ models.

If it is possible it would be via Forscan but I haven’t heard anyone doing it or if it’s possible.

They changed the algorithm sometime around 2013 (my 2013 fusion did the same thing - only came on around 23 miles to empty). They changed it back to 50 miles (80 km) for the the 2015+ models.

hmmm, mine doesn't let me know until 40 miles. I mean thats plenty of notification, and almost 2 gallons of gas in my case.. but still!

On my 2009 MKZ the low fuel warning comes on at 50 miles. If I reset it, it pops up evey 10 miles or so. I deliberately ran it down to 0 once to test it, and finally refilled it around 30 miles over. So there's a safety margin.

That might explain why I'm having a hard time calculating how many gallons are left in the tank when I put octane booster in there. I'll have to do it the old fashioned way. Fill it up completely, reset trip and fuel economy, then fill again when the light comes on and see how many gallons I actually put into it.

I wonder if it calculates miles to empty from fuel economy average from the day off the lot, or from the tripometer, or the actual fuel economy gauge that you can reset. Maybe It is programmed from the factory at a certain gallon amount left, say 2.5 gallons, and you're on your own as to what kind of fuel economy you get from there.

That might explain why I'm having a hard time calculating how many gallons are left in the tank when I put octane booster in there.

I tried crushing up some Nugenix and putting it in the gas tank. (Thought I'd give my car a set of bigger bolts.)

Only thing that happened was, the engine started backfiring every once in awhile and the exhaust smelled funny.