The Ultimate 2.7TT Aftermarket Parts Thread!

Special_K

FYI

Validated engineering fact: 

U will not increase the cold air intake volume if the stock air box, or any air box 4 that matter, design is dependant upon drawing cold air through the stock oval opening that the cold air initially enters the box through.

U MUST either increase the size of the oval cold air inlet point or add an additional intake point into the box.

This fact has been validated repeatedly by SNMJim and Special K (JC Perf Dvlp).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recommended Info update for purchasing the Rambo cold side FMIC pipe:

The FMIC cold side Rambo boost pipe is no longer produced by Ramfab.

Ramfab gave the tools to DTP for future fabrication.

DTP said they should be up and running by next week.

DTP email: DTPfabworks@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

best plugs for "all seasons" usually turn out the be the stock ones, giving you good service life + good fuel burn.  since you are not tuned, that is the best option.

if you were tuned/high power, you could opt for NGK LTRiX type plugs that are a heat range colder, or Brisk Racing copper plugs, but longevity is affected in either case.  Your tuner would likely have turn to lower gap plugs first anyway unless the gain in power were significant.

More critical is use of 93 fuel with ecoboosts.  again, if you were tuned, you could use high E fuel, but would reduce plug service life.  you can experiment with the E%, i believe the cutoff is about E18 before needing a tune.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cerberus said:

so, not the Ruthenium plugs?

Not sure if they're suited for tuned models, but the ones I installed about a year ago haven't given any issues, but neither did the stock original plugs, and I haven't pulled one to take a look.

Motorcraft SP-542 plug superseded by SP-578? - New Plug Installation DIY - 2.7L EcoBoost - Ford Edge Forum

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

And your problem is?

(That's a direct question)

We're not the one's with the problem, we're the ones trying to identify if you or SC_ST need help with something since we're the one's that worked directly with Vinney (JLT Owner) to develope this catch can Sys for the 2.7 TT eco boost.

But it appears from your snarky response that we totally misunderstood and you got this.

Wish you the best?

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, snmjim said:

We're not the one's with the problem, we're the ones trying to identify if you or SC_ST need help with something since we're the one's that worked directly with Vinney (JLT Owner) to develope this catch can Sys for the 2.7 TT eco boost.

But it appears from your snarky response that we totally misunderstood and you got this.

Wish you the best?

Cool thanks.

Not to go too far off topic but you seem to referring to yourself (singular?) As "we"..

Or do multiple people use your account?

Or do you speak on behalf of a group?

Very confusing. 

And sorry for the snark. Your perceived antagonistic reply to my expressed interest in the catch can install seemed to warrant but I apparently misread your intention. 

30 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Cool thanks.

Not to go too far off topic but you seem to referring to yourself (singular?) As "we"..

Or do multiple people use your account?

Or do you speak on behalf of a group?

Very confusing. 

And sorry for the snark. Your perceived antagonistic reply to my expressed interest in the catch can install seemed to warrant but I apparently misread your intention. 

We = JC Performance Development along with the aftermarket parts development companies and fabricators that worked directly with us to develope 90%+ of the aftermarket parts for the 2016-2019 Edge Sport & ST.

However, we don't see the value added for clarifying who "WE" are.

We don't understand how starting a statement offering help off with "Sorry" can be perceived as being antagonistic???

Instagram: fastest_edge

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, snmjim said:

We = JC Performance Development along with the aftermarket parts development companies and fabricators that worked directly with us to develope 90%+ of the aftermarket parts for the 2016-2019 Edge Sport & ST.

We don't understand how starting a statement offering help off with "Sorry" can be perceived as being antagonistic???

I dont know how you could perceive no value add to that disclosure of who "We" refers to.. id be putting that in your sig line if I were you. You might end up with some bs traffic from itx but you could get a great idea for a new product to develop from someone's needs.

Anyway, very cool. Respect.

I dont do Instagram..

Your quoting of my post did not read as an offer of help, it read as, "hey, you didn't ask a question" which I interpreted as being called on violating some unknown-to-me rule about not fluff posting or something. Starting a post with 'sorry' doesn't always mean sorry and depending on the nature of the poster,  can really mean, "sorry you're so stupid that I have to explain this but...". 

One Sport bike M/C forum i was on was an absolute shit show of rude and antisocial posts, because one of the admins was (and probably still is) a total douche. That site is dead now, no surprise, but my member title went from Consiglier to The Vilified.  Ah the good old days

Edited by Cerberus

On 1/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, SC_ST said:

JLT Catch Can, nice product, just need to install 

DD483B28-838B-4063-ACAB-398BBBA7257E.jpeg

I took this as a little picture of something they just got and can't wait to install it. Simple enough. 

14 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Hoping for an update on this whenever you get around to it..

I've been wanting to install a catch can but just not gotten around to it yet

I took this as a message to SC_ST asking how it went and how it works. Probably best to PM as not everyone comes back these posts quickly.

9 hours ago, snmjim said:

Sorry but you have yet to pose a direct question???

And to be honest, there was no need to post this question,as in my honest opinion it was not directed to anybody except SC_ST as he was quoted. 

Now, the rest of the squabble is pure BS. So just end it now. 

Edited by TT Steve

10 hours ago, snmjim said:

Is "JC Performance Development " a secret club? A web search turns up zilch.

1 hour ago, handfiler said:

Is "JC Performance Development " a secret club? A web search turns up zilch.

No, you will not find JC Performance Development on the internet because it's a private Father/Son engineering team with a network of fabrication & Aftermarket resources that has made it possible for us to provide listings of available Aftermarket parts. We do this as a hobby for a very few select project car models.

The Father (snmjim) & Son (Special_K) work as engineers for the Dept of Homeland Security by day and we use our skills & resources to develop lists like this one for unique platforms for the past 10 years.

It's beginning to appear that our efforts are no longer appreciated and/or respected here therefore the timing is perfect for moving on to our next project.

Check us out from the sidelines on Instagram: "fastest_edge" which will soon morph into the next project and become "fastest_???"

Fun while it was appreciated!

• Sad 1

Who doesn't appreciate your efforts? When the ST came into play, things seem to slow down a bit of course some of that is Facebooks fault. I hate that platform. The ST community is not quite as large as the Sport crowd even though we are hitting 3 years of production now but that will be ending and I am thinking along with any aftermarket support too. Better get what you can now while you can, right? I think everything you all did was cool as hell especially for a crossover platform. And to share it with all the other folks is great, you didn't have to either. I appreciate everything you and others have done on this site and I just barely got into this 4 months ago. I am curious of the next venture and will keep my eyes open for that.

Steve

Edited by TT Steve
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, snmjim said:

The Father (snmjim) & Son (Special_K) work as engineers for the Dept of Homeland Security by day and we use our skills & resources to develop lists like this one for unique platforms for the past 10 years.

It's beginning to appear that our efforts are no longer appreciated and/or respected here therefore the timing is perfect for moving on to our next project.

Fun while it was appreciated!

I really hope my initial response to your offer to help (though it was no perceived as such) has nothing to do with this change in your product development direction. 

I am well aware that I am sometimes difficult and unduly reactive to innocuous interactions and I am sorry for how I reacted to your post.

Nothing but respect for product development efforts.