Special_K

The Ultimate 2.7TT Aftermarket Parts Thread!

FYI

Validated engineering fact: 

U will not increase the cold air intake volume if the stock air box, or any air box 4 that matter, design is dependant upon drawing cold air through the stock oval opening that the cold air initially enters the box through.

U MUST either increase the size of the oval cold air inlet point or add an additional intake point into the box.

This fact has been validated repeatedly by SNMJim and Special K (JC Perf Dvlp).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

disregard. not relative to 2.7TT 

Edited by Cerberus
mabad

Recommended Info update for purchasing the Rambo cold side FMIC pipe:

The FMIC cold side Rambo boost pipe is no longer produced by Ramfab.

Ramfab gave the tools to DTP for future fabrication.

DTP said they should be up and running by next week.

DTP email: DTPfabworks@gmail.com

Sooo.. i came to this thread looking for recommended spark plugs for the 2.7Eco and there is no mention 😕

What do you think? Stock engine, no tune, but hard WOT every day, and some spirited street carving occasionally 😄 

best plugs for "all seasons" usually turn out the be the stock ones, giving you good service life + good fuel burn.  since you are not tuned, that is the best option.

if you were tuned/high power, you could opt for NGK LTRiX type plugs that are a heat range colder, or Brisk Racing copper plugs, but longevity is affected in either case.  Your tuner would likely have turn to lower gap plugs first anyway unless the gain in power were significant.

More critical is use of 93 fuel with ecoboosts.  again, if you were tuned, you could use high E fuel, but would reduce plug service life.  you can experiment with the E%, i believe the cutoff is about E18 before needing a tune.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

NGK LTRiX

so, not the Ruthenium plugs?

23 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Not sure if they're suited for tuned models, but the ones I installed about a year ago haven't given any issues, but neither did the stock original plugs, and I haven't pulled one to take a look.

Motorcraft SP-542 plug superseded by SP-578? - New Plug Installation DIY - 2.7L EcoBoost - Ford Edge Forum

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, Cerberus said:

i am sure they would do just as well as iridium plugs, or better.  their value is yet to be proven tho, over spark plug gap and correct heat range.