Ford Edge Forum
AntDeek

Do you have the Hidden Continental Tire Logo on your Edge PCM??

Image link : https://imgur.com/a/KkdCp2J

Weird because my 2013 came equipped with Hankook tires. I replaced them with some Bridgestone Dualers.

That doesn't look like a Continental Tire logo.

I zoomed in and compared to the official logo, it is, and even says continental

I zoomed in and compared to the official logo, it is, and even says continental

OK, I see it.

post-44162-0-89534200-1532132333_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1004ron

The tire pressure management system was developed by Continental tires. It actually involves more than what we're use to in cars with maintaining tire pressure. There is a big commercial system for semi trucks that monitors tire degradation. There's ContipressureCheck, ContiSense, ContiProContact, ContiConnect and ContiTech. There's probably even more now but the logo identifies that the PCM contains some aspect of the system which is maintained by Continental Tire and not Ford.

Edited by I'manedgeowner

Thats very interesting. All that development and it cant tell me individual tire pressures....

AntDeek,

I can't say for sure but I would guess that's more because of the agreement between Ford and Continental and not system potential.

Thats very interesting. All that development and it cant tell me individual tire pressures....

Oh the system itself knows the individual pressures - Ford just chose not to display it on the older models.

• Like 1

I use a Bluetooth code reader and ForScan (on my Android) to read individual tire pressures while driving.
  • Like 1

With ForScan you could actually read the individual tire pressures & temperatures.

• Like 1

Ive probably been using forscan daily for the past 6 months and didnt know that

Uhh, Continental does more than just make tires. They also make PCM's and other modules.

Oh the system itself knows the individual pressures - Ford just chose not to display it on the older models.

Reading individual tire pressure only became available on the 2015+ Edge models. The capability is with the sensors themselves, not the module reading them. Older systems did not have that capability and using a bluetooth adapter is not giving accurate data as it's relying on wheel speed sensor data from the ODB port to "guess" the tire pressure.

Reading individual tire pressure only became available on the 2015+ Edge models. The capability is with the sensors themselves, not the module reading them. Older systems did not have that capability and using a bluetooth adapter is not giving accurate data as it's relying on wheel speed sensor data from the ODB port to "guess" the tire pressure.

On my 2011 MKX I was able to read the individual tire pressures & temperatures using ForScan. The data came from the TPMS sensors. It is just like what akirby stated, Ford,for whatever reason, decided not show that data. Even on the some Fusion models that did NOT have individual pressure readings, a ABD enabled the display in the cluster with no other hardware change.

It has to know the tire pressures otherwise it doesn’t know when it goes out of spec. The system you’re describing using the wheel speed sensors may have been used by other mfrs but not Ford.