Ford Edge ST Custom Tune (video in link)

vmaxbaby

Ok that makes more sense,You are starting the ST out easy and will set the tunes up a little bit at a time.I have an ST and would like a tune in early spring. I'm getting the parts,intercooler,cold side pipe ,ect} to go with your thernostat,tuner and dyno tune. Please keep us updated on future upgrades...........Thanks Ed

55 minutes ago, Livernois Motorsports said:

But don't worry, we will continue to improve the calibrations, and our customer's gain access to these future updates at no additional cost as well!

Will customers be contacted by email or some other method when future revisions are made to software or do they need to constantly check with your company to find out if revisions were made?

ps.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify things here.

3 minutes ago, bmwta said:

Will customers be contacted by email or some other method when future revisions are made to software or do they need to constantly check with your company to find out if revisions were made?

ps.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify things here.

Typically, when revisions are released we let people know on message boards, unless they are a critical update (pretty rare though), we are working on a way to streamline this though so it's easier to push out updates and alert customers. Our new MyCalibrator Touch has a proper registration feature so we should be able to contact people easier. It's not fully utilized yet, but it's in the master plans.

15 minutes ago, Rimcrim said:

Thanks for providing that information!

Much better to hear it from the source than to guess and assume.

Do you know if Livernois plans to do other mods for the Edge ST, like a proper CAI for example?

Thanks!

We've talked about it for the Sport, but there was never much consumer demand. I won't say no, but it's too early to tell. The more tuners we sell (indication on serious commitment to performance) and people that are inquiring about it, the more likely. 

9 minutes ago, Livernois Motorsports said:

We've talked about it for the Sport, but there was never much consumer demand. I won't say no, but it's too early to tell. The more tuners we sell (indication on serious commitment to performance) and people that are inquiring about it, the more likely. 

Good to know, thanks! I will very likely be purchasing a tuner shortly after my ST arrives in January, and will definitely be looking for some basic mods like a CAI to go with it as well.

There are hardly any parts available for the Edge Sport and I really hope that changes with the ST!

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Rimcrim said:

Good to know, thanks! I will very likely be purchasing a tuner shortly after my ST arrives in January, and will definitely be looking for some basic mods like a CAI to go with it as well.

There are hardly any parts available for the Edge Sport and I really hope that changes with the ST!

Thanks again.

Us too

Wow HYPERsonic007 your not messing around LOL your on it... I have beat down the internet looking for a CAI for it but nothing :(  I currently use JLT on my Shelby so called them but they are not planning anything unless they get a 1000 request than they might... Also have contacted every exhaust place for a true cat back and nothing just axle back which I guess is better than nothing.   I understand why companies don't have anything because there thinking the time in R&D won't pay off but I am thinking if someone spent the money for a edge sport / ST than spending 700-800 on nice stainless CAT-Back would not be out of the question for me I am going to be spending mid 40's on my daily driver so what is another $ 800.00 in the big scheme of things. 

WOW you do have some nice toys..... I love performance Hypersonic007 as well... Big Hayabusa Fan, and have a GT500 putting down 683 rwhp... plans over winter to get that in the 700's :) 

For the Edge it will be my daily car so don't need to spend allot on it because it will take away from my budget for the other toys.. .BUTTTTTT.....with that said I would love a CAI, and CAT back exhaust to start than move into a tune to pull it all together... For speed I have other things in the garage to scare me but I wouldn't be mad if the ST would have had 365hp and 400 Tq :)

Toys here: 

http://www.flairphoto2.com

Edited by vmaxbaby

Very nice!  I would love a bike but...

A; I live in Buffalo, NY so majority of the year its "less than ideal" weather &

B;  I would likely hurt myself lol

I just received the MyCalibrator Touch tuner today. I emailed specs of car so I am awaiting actual file to tune my Edge ST.  Stay tuned and I will post my thoughts this weekend.

Rick

So I just flashed car after saving stock map.  Put in 93 octane tune and started the vehicle. It began to idle rough and check engine light came on. I immediately turned car off and reinstalled stock map. Car started fine without issues or lights.

I think the issue is that I have some residual 89 octane in car.  Yesterday I had about 2 gallons of 89 oct in tank. I put in 8 gallons of 93 and was hoping I would be able to tune car. Apparently not.  Will have to dilute this gas even more tomorrow with 93 oct.  Sorry for the delay guys

Rick

Didn't want to run car and cause and potential issues. Figured it was the fuel.  I will get some more 93 oct tomorrow and try again. 

One interesting thing happened though.  I notice when saving stock map and returning to stock map, there were 90+ files to upload/download to ECU.

When putting on 93 octane file, there were only 10.   Not sure of why there was such a significant in the number of files and time (stock map took considerably longer to flash)

Rick

I can tell you the first time I uploaded a tune to the Shelby and it did the download it took like 10 minutes, on my SCT programmer at the time all I had on a screen was a spinning star and was thinking something is wrong but left it like that and finally it finished.   Than the 93 octane tune started to flash and it took like 2 minutes and then told me to turn off key and disconnect.   This past spring I got a nGauge from my tuner and had to put back the OEM flash to the ECU than plug in the nGauge to download the stock map to the nGauge before I could put the safe tune on so I could drive the car to the dyno to get it dialed in since we changed injectors, fuel system mods, and smaller pulley on the TVS.  And it did the same thing... took for ever to upload the factory tune (meaning about 5-10 minutes) but once on the dyno and making pulls the tuner would give me the new flash to upload and that took like 60 seconds.  I have no idea while the factory download and upload takes so long compared to the after market flashes that I have used.   My best guess (but a tuner could tell us)  is the factory download is everything and the performance tunes don't need all those files since they are working on just certain aspects of the tune but that is just my guess.

Now for the check engine light:  Bad gas or lower octane would be an issue at boost and with timing  but just starting the car and immediately getting check engine light that doesn't sound like gas.  I guess anything is possible but like Nick said you should be able to scan and see what the code is.   I am guessing LMS would want to know that as well.  But since this is a brand new car I could see why you don't want to chance it so in that case call them in the morning and explain what is going on and ask for them to send you a new file.  I have had a few emailed files that seemed okay, uploaded okay to the tuner but when flashing something went wrong.   The fix was getting a new file from the tuner.   Also disable any virus software on the laptop or desktop that is uploading the file to the tuner you don't want virus software to be scanning the file and trying to decide if it is a virus or not.   Next up would be a data log.  You can load software on your laptop (LMS will tell you which software)  than plug your tuner into the laptop (USB) and than into your OBD port.  Start the recording on the software and than start the car....after start up you get the same thing as before turn off the car and stop the recording.  Than save the file and email it to them.  Once they open it their tuner will see everything and should zero in on it immediately.  Than they will adjust the file for whatever is wrong and email it back to you to upload.  

Before all this takes place I would just ask for a new file (disable virus software first) and try the process again.   After that go to plan B with reading codes or data logging.   Sorry for the long post and all this info you may already know since you have other cars you have modded.  Not knowing anyone on here in person I never want to assume anything and owning two hayabusa's and 8 Mustangs in my life and have screwed with all of them so have encounter all these type issues and many more... ( I should learn to not fix it if it isn't broke but I just can't help myself )  Good luck and let us know how it is going. 

I thought of something else it could be as well.  On one of my cars I did a flash and remember it running ruff and bad idle.   It was something in my tune that was effecting my Throttle Body Sensor.  The tune had it either open to much or not enough can't remember at start up so the idle was jacked up and it threw a wrench on the vehicle because it was out of spec of what it should be.  When I rev it a little it would smooth out but the wrench (check engine) was on and stayed on.    I gave that info to the tuner and his comment was I know what's wrong... 10 minutes later got a new tune and no more check engine and no more bad idle.  Ran that tune till I sold it years later no issues.  

21 hours ago, HYPERsonic007 said:

So I just flashed car after saving stock map.  Put in 93 octane tune and started the vehicle. It began to idle rough and check engine light came on. I immediately turned car off and reinstalled stock map. Car started fine without issues or lights.

I think the issue is that I have some residual 89 octane in car.  Yesterday I had about 2 gallons of 89 oct in tank. I put in 8 gallons of 93 and was hoping I would be able to tune car. Apparently not.  Will have to dilute this gas even more tomorrow with 93 oct.  Sorry for the delay guys

Rick

21 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

You didnt try driving the car to see if the CEL would turn off? Or even run a scan to see what the code was? Fuel shouldnt be throwing a code.

Its not bad gas.  No idle or start up changes are made on tunes.  It’s a bad flash or LMS uploaded the wrong tune.

I just reflashed the edge tonight. Same thing, but this time the car only ran for 6 or so seconds then died.  Returned vehicle to stock map and running fine. 

Not a good start guys lol. I didn't want to datalog with car running as its a brand new car and it did feel quite rough. I emailed Livernois but will likely call them tomorrow

Updates to follow

Edited by HYPERsonic007