Not really but it got you here...

I need a volunteer in a SE/SEL to go take the panels off the inside of the hatch. Took me 5 mins but it also wasn't my first time.

The process

Remove the cover of the handle.

Its hiding two 7mm bolts (will need an extension) remove those bolts.

Now pull the top middle piece (closest to roof) off. This will allow you to pull the two side pieces then the main big piece. Once you pull the big piece, hold it and unhook the button to shut the hatch (dunno if SE/SEL have the button.

Now here's what you are looking for. 2 plug in connections. If you don't have atleast 2 and only have the gray reverse light then you cant do a simple swap (see pics) then you are SOL for a direct swap. The top plug (closest to roof) is for the light bar. The gray middle plug is the reverse lights. The bottom plug is the camera. Posting all this from my phone so the pics are attached instead of inserted.

post-25864-0-55097400-1453869216_thumb.jpg

post-25864-0-13501500-1453869348_thumb.png

Edited by Nick Halstead

I don't know if this will be a huge help, but my first '15 Sport did not come with the middle light bar from the factory. When I questioned service about this and they realized I wasn't pulling a fast one they pulled the tailgate panels off and found that not only did I get an SE/SEL middle light bar (with no light) but there was also no wiring for a light bar. They said if there was wiring for the light bar they would've swapped a working light bar from another Titanium/Sport on the lot into my car to get me on my way. But they said in SE/SEL's there is no wiring for the middle light bar. They had to get the proper wiring harness and a light bar and then install them.

They may have been just been blowing smoke, but I figured I would share.

• Like 2

Good input and your're probably 100% correct. Though we both know people in the world have to physically see things themselves cause word of mouth holds no weight anymore. Honestly though. You may hold the missing link. If you still have your service records the harness for the lightbar should be listed on it. Then SE members can just buy the harness and lightbar.

Unfortunately that was the Sport that ended up getting bought back from Ford. They never closed my case for service since it kept acting up and would end up back at their service department within a day or two of them handing it back. They never released any records to me about all the work that was done since Ford bought it back before everything could be closed. I could always ask the service advisor next time I am in there for a copy of what all was done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got some time to go look at the wiring of the tail lights on my 2016 SEL and it has the same wiring as the Ti / Sport. I do have the utility package with the power liftgate and the technology package. Seems like a simple swap of the tail lights. this is partially confirmed by another post on this forum.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/19772-sel-tail-light-swap/

post-38673-0-95062900-1458346455_thumb.jpg

post-38673-0-95093100-1458346613_thumb.jpg

Edited by ONEDGE16
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am also a Ford Edge 2016 Sel looking to find a solution to have the rear tail light bar working. Any results with your attempts? There is no way its just a connector or adapter you need to add? We would need to have someone with a Sport or TI to show the wirering and see if theres an extra module.

Someone already done the swap described in this thread

You have to swap all tail lights (left and right assembly + center assembly)

after that you need to reprogram using forscan. otherwise you'll have the same problem as described in the post

I believe the BCM values for the Titanium and sport tailights are:

726-28-01 0101-0001-015A
726-28-02 0000-0100-0159
Edited by ONEDGE16

• 2 months later...

I finally got some time to go look at the wiring of the tail lights on my 2016 SEL and it has the same wiring as the Ti / Sport. I do have the utility package with the power liftgate and the technology package. Seems like a simple swap of the tail lights. this is partially confirmed by another post on this forum.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/19772-sel-tail-light-swap/

attachicon.gifIMG_20160318_164217.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160318_164227.jpg

So after swapping the T-bar tail light, does it need to be programmed to work?

• 11 months later...