ST at Bradenton dragway

eddie368

Went to Bradenton Dragway yesterday and made a couple passes in my ST time slips are included. The car was driven about 15 miles to the strip and I made the 1st pass about 20 minutes after I got there, so there wasnt much time for cool-down. The car is as it came off the show room floor (no mods) its equipted w/ 401 a cold package and 20" wheels. and i weigh 250lbs and there was approx 35lbs of equipment in back. 1st pass was 14.26 @ 95.59mph. Dont laugh at the .318 reaction time, I have not raced in a year and a half. But I did better on the 2nd pass. The second pass was 14.49 @ 92.26 and i could tell the car was not as fast on this pass, probably heat soaked. I did not try to cool the engine or intercooler befor each pass. But i think 14.26 is pretty good. I wont race again until I get the intercooler and the other parts changed and LMS Dyno Tune when I get home from Florida. I think the ST has the potential to go 14.00 or a little better in stock form with some prep.................................Ed

time slips.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Perblue said:

Going by your first time slip your 0-60 mph is 5.5 seconds. I said these things were faster than all the reviews. 

I have stop-watched mine to 60 with 87 octane in just under 6 seconds. Road had humps and lumps and on a cold day though. I always thought it was good for at least mid to low 5s with 93 and good tires. 

Gregertech  My ST had about 4800 miles on it and on the first pass the boost peaked at 16 PSI and on the second about 15 psi. It was a bit difficult to read the boost gauge because they have it stuck in the left corner of the instrument panel.They give you 2 speedometers but you can not see the tach and boost gage at the same time! I have run 93 octane since new.Temp was 72 on 1st run and 64 on the 2nd.

17 hours ago, Perblue said:

Going by your first time slip your 0-60 mph is 5.5 seconds. I said these things were faster than all the reviews. 

On the 1st run I brake torqued it to 1500 rpm and the 2nd about 1800. Looking at the time slips the second run was slightly quicker to the 330 mark may have been close to 5.4 ? then after that the car began to slow. 

1 hour ago, eddie368 said:

On the 1st run I brake torqued it to 1500 rpm and the 2nd about 1800. Looking at the time slips the second run was slightly quicker to the 330 mark may have been close to 5.4 ? then after that the car began to slow. 

You're first one was 5.5 flat so second one wouldn't quite be good enough for 5.45 going by your 330ft

Omar thanks, I know of the other tach but it is not any easier to read than the other tach. I'm going to order a Aeroforce  interceptor gauge that can read most of the data that is available at the obd port including the rpm and boost.One gauge can be programmed to display any two pieces of data. They also have a defroster vent that allows one or two gauges to be mounted on the left side of the dash between the left pillar post and dash.A bit pricey but nice looking and easy to read......Ed

Good info. Thanks for posting. Looking at your 60ft and 330ft time on your 2nd run I would say you were on a significantly better pass until the car decided to "turn itself down". I agree it's probably a heat soak issue or one of the many "safety" features seen something it didn't like and backed the power down right around the 1//8 mile. At any rate with just a little tweaking I would say there is a high 13 in your future.

The tracks here in Michigan are opening within the next week or so and I am anxious to get my ST out. Good or bad I will get the info up here to add to the drag racing data base.