New Member: 2015 Edge Sport

Rob0381

Hi all, Rob here. Had the Edge for about 2 months now. She’s stock, and will stay that way for the most part. I’ll probably add an intercooler to keep heat soak down if I can find one, and a GFB DV+ at some point, but that’s all I have planned. We wanted a SUV/CUV with power, and we have it. We also have an EBM, which kind of helped turn us onto the Edge Sport. Looking forward to learning more about her here.

925EA362-F4CA-4017-BEDA-FCC8EAB7359A.jpeg

Edited by Rob0381
Added pic
  • Like 1

Welcome

Here is the link for the intercooler.  While the edge has one stock, I've always preffered aftermarket intercoolers.    This is on my hit list to get within the next 2 months.  I'd recommend the Garett core if you go this route.  My personal expirience, the first mod you should get is a JLT catch can.  While this yields no horsepower gains, it will save you from dropping oil vapors back in the system.  Well worth the $139.  Takes 5 minutes to install.  Also stay up on your fluid changes.  You're going to want to change your PTU fluid every 30,000 miles.  The link below is the upgrade list that has been compiled to help.  I've also included pics and direct links for the parts I talk about

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-3-0-oil-separator-passenger-side-2015-19-edge-sport-st-lincoln-mkx-2-7l-ecoboost/

JLT 3.0 Oil SEPARATOR Passenger Side  (2015-19 Edge Sport/ST, Lincoln MKX 2.7L EcoBoost)

https://ultimateperformancenm.com/shop?olsPage=products%2F15-ford-edge-sport-27-front-mount-intercooler

image.png.167fe5e46385c7086ebba9f25504be32.png

For the Diverter valve adapter/BOV
Boomba makes the most common one

http://www.boombaracing.com/fusion-edge-sport-ecoboost-2-7-blow-off-valve-bov-adapter/

image.png.1c4ef736610908e5f7dea4070e066953.png

I'd highly suggest a tune.  This wakes the edge up like you would not believe. It's a night a day difference.  You can choose between the top 2 Unleashed and Livernois, and both sell the lower temp thermostat.  I've ran both tunes and both have thier advantages to me.  The livenois I felt had really good power throughout the RPM range and especially on the top end, however with that being said it's just their tune unless you go to them and get dyno tuned.  With unleashed you get a base tune which is geat but then it's recommended to data log.  It's not hard to do, and Torri will help you.  I like being able to have that freedom to have it tuned.  I'm not sure if Livernois does remote tuning, but I know Torri does offer it, if you have a place near you that will dyno it while Torri is remotely connected.  Good luck and enjoy.  

https://www.unleashedtuning.com/bdx-unleashed-rev-x-custom-tuner/

image.png.757735aeca5099dd1da3411a393a8841.png

$400 for the unleashed tune with tuner

$58.99 for the thermostat through unleased

$850 for the intercooler     

$1308.99 total

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631133

image.png.b838a504c0ade2fbf62983e43ed00761.png

$599.99 Livernois Mycalibrator

$58.99 for the thermostat through unleased

$850 for the intercooler   

$1508.98 Total

Edited by Close to the edge
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!

I just got my 2018 Sport. One thing recommended is an oil separator. The Edge 2.7 TT has an issue with carbon buildup on the valves due to the placement of the fuel injectors. It is a DIY solution that can be installed yourself in 20 minutes. I bought one from JLT Motorsports and has a canister that collects oil and gunk that blows into the intake manifold from the PVC valve.

4 hours ago, Miller Edge Sport said:

Nice!

I just got my 2018 Sport. One thing recommended is an oil separator. The Edge 2.7 TT has an issue with carbon buildup on the valves due to the placement of the fuel injectors. It is a DIY solution that can be installed yourself in 20 minutes. I bought one from JLT Motorsports and has a canister that collects oil and gunk that blows into the intake manifold from the PVC valve.

I have not heard of any reports of the 2.7 tt having coking problems.....I think that was just the old 3.5tt.  If Im wrong could you post a link to your source?

I would definitely recommend an oil catch can/separator.

These are Direct Injection, not Port Injected, so there will be oil vapours coking the back of the intake valves.

A ton of us on here use them and the JLT is probably your best bet for the price, quality and ease of use.