Well the merging of the 3 files has not worked so I am inserting the links to the three video's I made.  No fancy editing software just a go-pro and the raw footage.   

Thoughts on the Borla Exhaust:

It has a unique sound to it that doesn't sound like a V8 of course but when you stand on the loud pedal you now can hear it.  I have always felt that it is hard getting a great exhaust note from a V6 let alone a twin turbo V6.    At highway speeds and no radio windows up you can hear a slight growl.  If your putting a load on the vehicle or going up a incline you will hear it more.  There is no drone but their is exhaust sound.  There is a difference between drone and exhaust and each of us have our  own definition.   For me if a car is making noise no matter what speed or what gear than that is drone.   When you doing 65-80 mph just a slight sound inside the car, if your on the gas than you will hear it.  Anyhow here is 3 different sound clips that might help you in your decision.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not sure but that would be easy to do and I will do that.  I will just go to a place like pep boys or advance auto and get some black tips and clamp on the end.  If it makes a difference will have my buddy weld on and extension or if these don't look bad will just keep them on.  Only thing I question is would there be a negative running them inside the bumper... with the other cars the tips come out under the bumper but with ours unless we have them poking through the hole the tip would be 2 inch from the exit so all the exhaust heat would be right inside the bumper.  Would it melt?  or Stain the bumper with exhaust smoke?   If you ran it 2 to 3 inches outside the exhaust outlet that would work but won't look as good.  Another thought would be to put on an extension and have them curved down to the ground like I did on some older mustangs I owned.  All exhaust hits the ground so no smoking up the bumper or paint ?  Just some thoughts to put out there. 

13 hours ago, Rimcrim said:

Thanks for posting these, it sounds pretty good!

I wonder if the sound would change much if you extended the tips so that the exhaust actually came out of the back instead of bouncing around behind the bumper.

The stock exhaust actually goes into the holes into the bumper a little bit so it feeds out those holes and does not remain behind the fascia.  Hopefully the Borla comes out a little as well, otherwise you would have exhaust gas possibly building up behind the fascia and under the car.  

Okay the borla sits inside the bumper outlet about 3 inches.  If I add another 4 inches to the pipe it would be about even with the cutout in the bumper.   Not sure that would change the sound any or make a difference but it looks like it is the exact same location as the factory exhaust was.  I will over the weekend see if I can find a 4 inch extension from a auto store and wee what is up with that but I doubt it will make a difference only adding a few inches onto it.  Maybe it they ran complete out of the bumper it would but people behind the car would think... really ford made a cool car and then has a exhaust tip that comes out of the bumper inside a cutout..LOL

IMG_8901.jpg

Ah, that looks better than I expected, it actually sits into the bumper pretty far.

I don't know if it would make much difference adding tips then, apart from looks.

I never really liked the stock exhaust housing and wish we just had tips sticking out like the Edge Titanium and Explorer Sport/ST etc.

I plasti-dipped mine to get rid of the chrome and it looks better, but still not great.

1 hour ago, Rimcrim said:

Ah, that looks better than I expected, it actually sits into the bumper pretty far.

I don't know if it would make much difference adding tips then, apart from looks.

I never really liked the stock exhaust housing and wish we just had tips sticking out like the Edge Titanium and Explorer Sport/ST etc.

I plasti-dipped mine to get rid of the chrome and it looks better, but still not great.

Yeah a nice quad tip exhaust instead of the bumper things would look so much better.  No idea of why they do those inserts.  

• 4 weeks later...

So today was off from work and decided to extend the exhaust closer to the outlet of the cutouts.  I bought some 7 inch chrome extensions (wanted black but all they had was chrome) so added them so the exhaust tips are about 1 inch from the outlet in the bumper and has really changed the exhaust sound.  It has really made the borla quieter.   There is still a growl at start up and when you stand on it but other than that you don't get that drone sound because the exhaust isn't under the bumper magnifying the sound.  So anyone that has the borla and wants it a little quieter just put on some extensions just don't put them through the outlet because I think that would look bad...but it is your car LOL 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Elsewhere in the main forum I posted these, I just couldn't take the look of those stock exhaust tips.  It's still the stock exhaust, but I think the tips look better, even if they are in the trapezoidal shaped bumper cutout.

No welding needed, I commented on how I fit these here: 

20191005_104023-2.thumb.jpg.5b64106bd14797c5b45fc0b6440795dd.jpg20191005_104015-2.thumb.jpg.7ff2b18065e7b123499687514146714a.jpg

Edited by Jombi
  • Like 1