Splash guards installed on 2019 ST

txaggie

Ok, first things first, there is NO correct part for the 2019 ST, and these will not directly fit the 2019.  I had to do some trimming on the bottom horizontal edge and the top most part of the guard to get them to fit on the rears.  Also, note that the left and right side rears are DIFFERENT, this is by design and necessity.  I wasted 30 minutes trying to figure out why Ford had mixed them up.  Even with the trimming, they don't fit exactly, but from 15-20' away you really can't tell.  Hopefully I can replace them in the future with a legit set that mates up perfectly. 

Here are the part numbers that I used:

Fronts are - FT4Z16A550AA

Rears are - KT4Z16A550AA

Well, enough of that, on with the pictures!!

LeftFront_1.thumb.jpg.3b985eba5170495acda529942231eca7.jpg

LeftQuarter_1.thumb.jpg.3d18d8dd95718fd5545c8bf6df5efdbb.jpg

LeftRear.thumb.jpg.bd9c4d11a08d4b9cca5afbf92a6f5e61.jpg

more pictures in reply to this thread

• Like 1

I really like the look they provide, and as I said, hopefully they will produce ones that are correctly molded for our version.  On the fronts, I had to drill one hole to create an additional push pin location, but all of the other connections are done with existing holes/hardware.

Thank you for the pictures.  I heard the front fit fine but the rear was the biggest issue.  Once I again I feel ford release this car before it should have I mean how much engineering time would it have taken someone with surfcam or solid works software to design one to fit perfect.  SMH.   In fact the first company that does come up with the correct design they will have the market share because everyone will go to them kinda like weather tech their floor mats are in my opinion they best you can get.  A little on the high side but when compared to the others it is worth it.  I would pay extra for stuff that just fit 100%.    Same goes with a CAI if someone made one that worked and didn't suck in hot air I would be all in if the price was under $ 500.00 won't even care if it only added 8 more hp I would do it.   Spent this much on the Edge so a few dollars more isn't going to make be go without eating..LOL  although I could stand to loose a few pounds :)

31 minutes ago, vmaxbaby said:

Thank you for the pictures.  I heard the front fit fine but the rear was the biggest issue.  Once I again I feel ford release this car before it should have I mean how much engineering time would it have taken someone with surfcam or solid works software to design one to fit perfect.  SMH.   In fact the first company that does come up with the correct design they will have the market share because everyone will go to them kinda like weather tech their floor mats are in my opinion they best you can get.  A little on the high side but when compared to the others it is worth it.  I would pay extra for stuff that just fit 100%.    Same goes with a CAI if someone made one that worked and didn't suck in hot air I would be all in if the price was under $ 500.00 won't even care if it only added 8 more hp I would do it.   Spent this much on the Edge so a few dollars more isn't going to make be go without eating..LOL  although I could stand to loose a few pounds :)

The issue with the Ford molded Rear Splash Guard not fitting is not new to the 2019 ST. It was there since inception for the 2015+ MY. It does not fit the 2015-2018 Edge sport. They were only designed to fit SE, SEL & titanium trims. 

6 hours ago, txaggie said:

I really like the look they provide, and as I said, hopefully they will produce ones that are correctly molded for our version.  On the fronts, I had to drill one hole to create an additional push pin location, but all of the other connections are done with existing holes/hardware.

Not that bad of a fit once all is said and done. ST looks real sharp in Magnetic Gray ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, handfiler said:

Not that bad of a fit once all is said and done. ST looks real sharp in Magnetic Gray ?

Thanks!  Given the above information that the guards haven't been for any version of sport or ST, I am happy that I went ahead and tried it.  As for the color, I love it!!  Once I get my windows tinted next week, then I'll give a full car shot, as I think dark windows will really make the color look good.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, txaggie said:

Cool, anxious to see your results!!

On 1/30/2022 at 10:41 PM, enigma-2 said:

Are these the A-premium? How well do the holes line up?

Haven’t installed yet as waiting until it warms up a bit, few more weeks. They are sitting in the garage.