What a ride it's been!

Edgieguy

Well folks the time has finally come.  After driving a 2004 Escape, a 2006 Escape, a 2008 Edge Limited, and then my 2011 Edge Sport I've traded in the Edge.  After a really bad eye injury and 2 emergency surgeries to save it in May of this year, I was left unable to drive throughout the summer.   Once my doctors cleared me to start driving again I started looking for cars with safety features like lane keep warning and lane keep assist.  I found that Infiniti has a very nice setup for drivers aids in their ProActive and ProAssist packages.  Before my 2004 Escape I was driving a 2001 Mercedes CLK55 AMG.  I really did miss that car.  So I say goodbye to our Edge after 9 years of ownership and nearly 80,000 miles of adventures.  And hello to a new Infiniti Q60. 

This has been a great owners group and I learned a lot here!  I made some really great friends along the way too!  I hope that in some post along the way I helped someone out or made them laugh at least.  I know that I've received excellent help, friendship and laughs in my time here.  All the best, and SAFE motoring my friends!

Andy

MyQ60.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you for your many contributions over the years! I'm sure your new Q50/Q60 forums will be glad to have you.  I've been plotting on the Q60 Red Turbo for a while now. The Red Sport is on my short list after my edge is paid off!

Enjoy your new ride, may she bring you as many miles and smiles as your edge! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Thank you for your many contributions over the years! I'm sure your new Q50/Q60 forums will be glad to have you.  I've been plotting on the Q60 Red Turbo for a while now. The Red Sport is on my short list after my edge is paid off!

Enjoy your new ride, may she bring you as many miles and smiles as your edge! 

I tested the Q60 RS and it was nice, but I won't be tracking the car ever, I have a 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo with 360 WHP for the track. I just could not justify the Red Sport.  With that said though, the 3.0 twin turbo in this thing really moves! From what I've been reading the wheel horsepower numbers are just over 300 on the non Red Sports, so actual power maybe around 330 at the crank.  For sure its a sweet ride.  My one complaint is that they didn't give it a tuned exhaust like the C43 AMG.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your eye injury, that is a tough one to get thru :(  Glad you are OK, and out & about tho :)  Congrats on the Q60, it was a good run with the Edge!

If it has a VC engine, I hope you are factoring in an extended warranty.  Fingers crossed, it proves to be a durable design.  Infiniti has put out some nice vehicles over the years.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Edgieguy said:

I tested the Q60 RS and it was nice, but I won't be tracking the car ever, I have a 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo with 360 WHP for the track. I just could not justify the Red Sport.  With that said though, the 3.0 twin turbo in this thing really moves! From what I've been reading the wheel horsepower numbers are just over 300 on the non Red Sports, so actual power maybe around 330 at the crank.  For sure its a sweet ride.  My one complaint is that they didn't give it a tuned exhaust like the C43 AMG.

I don't blame ya. The RS is not for everyone. If I had a dedicated track car I don't think I would consider the RS either.  Depending on what mods tickle your fancy, you can get close to 400HP with a catless downpipes/ exhaust and tune.   The C43 AMG always turns my head when I see em around town.  I never looked into them as I never really considered getting one. I had no idea that was a factory exhaust system!  They really sound good. 

Enjoy your new ride!

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 8:04 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Sorry to hear about your eye injury, that is a tough one to get thru :(  Glad you are OK, and out & about tho :)  Congrats on the Q60, it was a good run with the Edge!

If it has a VC engine, I hope you are factoring in an extended warranty.  Fingers crossed, it proves to be a durable design.  Infiniti has put out some nice vehicles over the years.

It's actually a new engine. VR30DDTT 3.0 litre twin turbo.  Made in the same facility alongside the GTR twin turbo. Those are the only two out of that factory. A friend of mine who owns a performance shop that regularly doubles and sometimes triples import HP on everything from 4 cylinder K20 Honda's, Nissan 300, 350 and 370's, Toyota Supras and everything in between told me that when he tore these down to start performance builds he was very impressed with how stout they are.  

Edited by Edgieguy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Edgieguy said:

It's actually a new engine. VR30DDTT 3.0 litre twin turbo.  Made in the same facility alongside the GTR twin turbo. Those are the only two out of that factory. A friend of mine who owns a performance shop that regularly doubles and sometimes triples import HP on everything from 4 cylinder K20 Honda's, Nissan 300, 350 and 370's, Toyota Supras and everything in between told me that when he tore these down to start performance builds he was very impressed with how stout they are.  

The 17+ Q60 reminds me of a baby GTR without the exotic super car body panels. What color interior did you go with?  I have always loved the black interior with white cars. The blood red or even bright red they offer is equally stunning. It will be a while off before, I start to serious look at one.  I'll drop you a line via PM when I do. 

• Like 1

I went with the super kid unfriendly Gallery White Semi-aniline leather. My 10 year old son actually chose it because he wants the car in 6 years.  Funny you should say that about the GTR.  We parked next to one in a parking lot and the dimensions are nearly spot on. My boys were like.. "I bet our car is a GTR with a different outside!" So of course I agreed. ?

Q60Int.jpg

q60inte.jpg

Edited by Edgieguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, onyxbfly said:

Kid unfriendly it may be but that white interior is very elegant.  I'm always looking at white on black that I completely forgot about white on white.  Your son has great taste! It's truly gorgeous!  I would be torn on getting my windows tinted with that interior.  

Yeah I love it. It'll take some extra care, I know that, but after owning a Castro Convertibles white leather couch since 2000 and having it remain clean for 19 years I'm confident I can keep this up.  Just got some Sonax Leather foam cleaner and conditioner and I'll wipe it up after washing regularly.   

Had the windows tinted with 20% to cut some of this Southern sun UV light, and next I'm going to sew up a lightweight, waterproof, reflective canopy cover to toss over the roof and windows secured by a few well placed magnets.  I figure the less UV and sunlight baking that interior the better.

• Like 2