outside censers acting up ?

Hi new to Forum , we bought a 2016 Edge Sport suv -4d 2.7LV6  with 25,206 miles , so far Love the car but have concerns with the outside censers going off and showing up on the dash screen and beeping when we come up to a stop and turning onto a street it sometimes indicates a red line on the drivers side of the car or front or passengers side is this normal or will we have to take it into a Ford Dealership and have them check it out?  We have the parking assist option which we haven't tried yet but will soon there's lots of things we need to learn on this car , our last car was a Nissan Altima  2005  so were learning the Edge Sport  advantages . 

Happens to mine also. Welcome to the forums and update us on what happens with the dealer.

Note that their are only 2 side sensors on each side, one in front of the front tire and one behind the rear tire. The vehicle will extrapolate data from those sensors for the side doors. So if a front sensor mis-detects something, the display will keep showing it on the side as you drive ahead until it calculates that you have passed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi GL, I am also new to this Forum. I have a 2016 loaded Edge Titanium with the 3.5 V6, AWD. Bought it new and love the car. We have put on just over 30K miles. The sensors do that from time to time. Not sure what it senses when the alerts come in. They clear quickly enough though. It does have a lot of features, I have the self parking as well and have never even tried it. The AWD works great in the snow! I hope you enjoy the car. 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:37 PM, G.L Fischer said:

Hi new to Forum , we bought a 2016 Edge Sport suv -4d 2.7LV6  with 25,206 miles , so far Love the car but have concerns with the outside censers going off and showing up on the dash screen and beeping when we come up to a stop and turning onto a street it sometimes indicates a red line on the drivers side of the car or front or passengers side is this normal or will we have to take it into a Ford Dealership and have them check it out?  We have the parking assist option which we haven't tried yet but will soon there's lots of things we need to learn on this car , our last car was a Nissan Altima  2005  so were learning the Edge Sport  advantages . 

Welcome to the forum.  Unfortunately your post is in the wrong section of the forum. 

On 9/4/2019 at 6:09 PM, Ralph31 said:

Hi GL, I am also new to this Forum. I have a 2016 loaded Edge Titanium with the 3.5 V6, AWD. Bought it new and love the car. We have put on just over 30K miles. The sensors do that from time to time. Not sure what it senses when the alerts come in. They clear quickly enough though. It does have a lot of features, I have the self parking as well and have never even tried it. The AWD works great in the snow! I hope you enjoy the car. 

Welcome to the forum.

@akirby Can you please move these post to the correct section.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2019 at 3:37 PM, G.L Fischer said:

See the notice at the top of this forum section - you may get a better response if you post in the appropriate section.

DO NOT use this forum for Ford Edge discussion.