2016 Edge sport 2.7l oil leak

68lemans462

I noticed an oil leak on the drivers side of the engine on my Edge with 35k miles while changing the PTU fluid. The leak is not from the oil pan and I'm suspecting it could be the the EOP sensor. (https://ford.oemdtc.com/1321/engine-oil-pressure-eop-sensor-oil-leak-2015-2017-ford-lincoln). Can someone tell me the location of the EOP sensor? The car is still under warranty but I may just fix this myself if its not too bad. Suggestions?

20190831_104304.jpg

Edited by 68lemans462

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to see that your first post is a bout a issue you are having with your edge.  I would let the dealership fix it. It may be frustrating having them work on your car.  Your car, their warranty.  They should fix it.  At the very minimum if its not fixed to your satisfaction it will be on file if the issue arrises in the future post warranty. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good day all,

I have a 2016 Sport with 19,000 miles on the odometer. After noticing a lot of 2.7 EcoBoost owners complaining of oil leaks from this motor, I starting keeping an eye on my garage floor. Low and behold, the oil spots are now showing up there. I took it to my dealer to have a service done and ask the service advisor if he was aware of the problem with the 2.7, and he said " not to his knowledge".

Of course now it is out of warranty.

If I have to, I will be on Ford like an "Alabama wood tick" and pester them until this is resolved. They know they have a problem, so what is a satisfactory permanent fix. If the plastic pan is the issue, replace it with an aluminum one, not steel.

Instead of having the oil pan removed several times, I will wait it out. "Slayer" doesn't get ridden that often anyway.

• Like 1

scorpionking102 Yes there is a problem with the oil pan.  I also have a 2016 Sport and have had this problem. My dealer says it is because of the different expansion rates of the two materials plastic and aluminum. As they heat and cool it loosens the RTV sealant used on the pan . There is no "O"ring or gasket just a beed of RTV. The first time I came in for a fix they just covered the outside of the pan with great gobs of RTV . It looked like heck and only lasted a couple months:rant:    . The second time they replaced the pan and so far no leaks :clapping:   .  As for an aluminum pan I believe that is one way to go for a permanent fix, but as far as I know there are none available . Ford needs to address this before a class action is taken. It is not right that a car in these modern times leaks anything. Hey Ford it is not 1950 !! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...