265/50/20 fit a 2016 Sport?

shumax

• 3 weeks later...

According to the Toyo tire website there 265/50/20 tire will fit on a rim with the following width range 7.5-8.5-9.5. Although the 8.5 is in bold you may want to call and ask for clarification.  I picked Toyo because they're one of the few tire companies that post a suggested width for the rim. Check out the link below.

https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/performance-truck-suv-tires-proxes-st-iii

On 10/27/2019 at 9:36 AM, shumax said:

Need to replace the tires on my 16 Sport. The tire I am looking at has no warranty on 255/50/20, but does on 265/50/20.  I think the 245/50/20 is too skinny.  Will the 265/50/20 rub?   

Thanks!

Here let me break this down for you bud.  We run a 285 in 9.75 wide wheel, and we have room on both sides of the wheel for more width (about a 305~315).

Now to get to your main question, will your 265/50/20 fit on the stock 20x8 wheel.  YES,  HOWEVER...... (there is always a however) the sidewall will bulge a good bit.  The implication of this bulge is wondering on the road when there are ruts, a mushy ride, disconnected feel of the steering wheel to the car, and overall numbness.  The worse possible outcome is the tires sidewall rolling excessively when in an extreme maneuver and de-beading from the wheel (P.S. - this all comes from experience and not here say).

For a 20x8 the widest i recommend is a 255, but a 245 is a square setup and will feel the best.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/10/2020 at 7:58 PM, shumax said:

I ended up with 255/50/20 Bridgestone Ecopia 422 Plus.  Had them on an Explorer and liked them.  They balanced down to real low (single digit) roadforce figures.  They are very smooth.  Happy with the purchase!

I am Planning to do the same.Do u feel the difference in the ride

Hope the front tires are not touching on turning

And also can you post some pics. thanks

Edited by Man on the edge