Using nonethenol gas

I've been using E10 in all of my watercraft (Wakeboarding boat, pontoon boat, 2x Waverunners) for over 10 years with absolutely zero issues.  They are all fuel injected.  I put Sta-Bil in the gas at every fill-up, which I would do even with E0.  There is little E0 available anywhere around me and it's 50-70 cpg more expensive.  I also use E10 in all of the small engines at my farm.  Again, zero issues.  I see no reason to use E0.  Certainly not in a car.

On 12/28/2019 at 8:14 PM, 2017 SLE FORD EDGE said:

Anybody use nonethenol gas in there Ford edge, mine being a 2017? We have a few stations in my area, living on a border state, I can go to the cheaper gas. Is it ok to use nonethenol gas?

If you can buy nonethanol gas cheaper than up to 10% ethanol gas, they aren't telling the truth. In the past we've had several gas stations selling 100% pure gas with 0 ethanol at normal prices. They were shut down because their gas had the normal, up to 10% ethanol. Just saying...……:)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, akirby said:

Of course.  What matters is the octane.

I know that for the most part, but I always wonder if it's worth it. I didn't do this on the old Focus ST because at the time there was only 91 ethanol free available. Now there's 93 ethanol free at some local Fastrac stations. I was always under the assumption that tunes benefited from some ethanol. 

4 hours ago, IcyFridge said:

I know that for the most part, but I always wonder if it's worth it. I didn't do this on the old Focus ST because at the time there was only 91 ethanol free available. Now there's 93 ethanol free at some local Fastrac stations. I was always under the assumption that tunes benefited from some ethanol. 

That’s only true for E85 or E30 (which is made by mixing E10 and E85 ) because E85 has a much higher octane rating (100+).

with E10 the octane has already been adjusted so there is no benefit.  Ethanol actually has less energy which is why without tuning e85 yields about 25% less mpg.  

With E0 you’ll see a bit more power and slightly better fuel economy compared to E10 but not enough to justify the higher price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

You can run up to about E18 on ecoboost engines without the need for a tune.  After that, tune for best benefit - cooling, detonation resistance, and timing advance.

I get that. I know about E30 tunes as well. 

I'm just wondering power wise... 93 10% or 93 0%. Which is better (already tuned)? Edit: NVM I overlooked the answer above. 

Edited by IcyFridge