How long did your original battery last?

1004ron

Recently I can only have the acc power on for 5 max 10 minutes before I get the warning that the battery is running low, and in response to that warning I start it and when it starts all the dash values such as remaining miles on tank etc. are reset, indicating that the battery is nearing end of life.

This is my daily commute, so don't encounter any issues, only on the odd occasion when I use it on acc power to access the setting or dial in a GPS address.

Bought the vehicle in March 2017, and I guess 3+ years is only the low end for what I'd expect for life, seeing as its used daily.

How long did your original battery last, and any upgraded batteries available in addition to going up in size seeing as the space for that length wise?

I’ve never gotten more than 4 years from a battery, sometimes 3.  It’s just the nature of modern vehicles and battery technology.  I need to replace the one in the mkx now- it still works fine but the tester says it’s down from 850 cca to 450.  Won’t be long until it’s completely dead.

Little over a year, but the wife left the lights on over night & drained the battery. Didn't want to chance it & replaced it before winter. It did start up after I put it on the battery tender, but didn't trust it to last throughout winter & leave the wife stranded. 

4 years here too.  I replaced it due to object sensors randomly telling me something was there...but there was never anything there that should have made them go off.  Im glad I did too cause my buddy that ran the battery relearn process and reset the keep alive memory said there were some codes that came up about voltage errors...or something along those lines 

9 years and counting on the Mustang. Replaced the original battery in my 2010 Malibu last fall. It still functioned fine but it started leaking around the positive post. The Lincoln and the Mustang go on the Battery Tender if they sit for more than a few days. Neither see extreme heat or cold. The Malibu is parked outside year round and sees -35 to 35C temperatures (-31 - 95F)

I think they cash out sooner in warmer climates.

Battery life is partly dependent on your environment.  Heat kills them quickly and here in the desert southwest that means 3-4 years is maximum life.  It's going to be 115 degrees or warmer several days this week so I expect to see lots of vehicles with their hoods up in area parking lots. 

• 10 months later...