2016 Edge Sport - My Build

UPDATE 11/3: Finally got my car back from the body shop after dropping it off 15 days ago...what a nightmare. I do not recommend the SS Tuning spoiler to anyone because the bodyshop  had a pain installing it. They first told me multiple times it was made for a different car and it wouldn't fit. They had to make severe modifications to it. But they were really great as far as they did it done and I absolutely love it. Wanted it to be two-tone satin + gloss black, but the satin came out pretty close to gloss looking. Which is fine. I'll likely be getting a center stripe down the entire car as well.

• Wheels painted black
  • Rear diffuser custom painted body color + accent black gloss + black exhaust tips
  • Front splitter paint + install
  • Euro headlights are working fine for now, DRLs I still have to play with to keep them on

Coming soon:

• Center stripe + rocker panel stripe
  • Aerotekk side splitters
  • Mudflaps
  • Tinted rear bumper reflector + rear trunk emblems wrapped in black
  • Small things, like I ordered dynamic LED turn signals for the side mirrors

Super happy with how it looks!

IMG_2279.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_2267.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_2266.jpeg

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2256.jpeg

Edited by mustang_mikey
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

I'm super impressed...great looking ride! I can see we may think alike in a few ways. I love to mod my cars for a personal touch and I'm pretty sure I'll want to black out any chrome trim after I finally get mine. The model photos at the start of the thread are slick looking but here in VA you have to watch tinting/paint on any lights...it get frowned on at inspection. I think I'd like the splitter better without the center "scoop" section but thats personal taste. The lights look great! I'd like to do actual fog lights in the center of the lower DRLs

Keep up the fantastic work!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roadhawk said:

I'm super impressed...great looking ride! I can see we may think alike in a few ways. I love to mod my cars for a personal touch and I'm pretty sure I'll want to black out any chrome trim after I finally get mine. The model photos at the start of the thread are slick looking but here in VA you have to watch tinting/paint on any lights...it get frowned on at inspection. I think I'd like the splitter better without the center "scoop" section but thats personal taste. The lights look great! I'd like to do actual fog lights in the center of the lower DRLs

Keep up the fantastic work!

Thank you I really appreciate that! Exactly, I'm the same way. Sometimes I dream and see what works and then don't execute - light the taillight stuff. But everything else I did move forward with. And agree, I'm not the biggest fan of that scoop - unfortunately there are so many limited options out there and I had a bad experience getting that splitter and the install process, so I didn't want to modify it any more lol. I've thought about the fog lights too! But it's more work than I want to do because you also need to get a different light switch for inside the car if you want it to look OEM.

Update 12/10:

I've had my car like this for a month. But got the stripe done! I wish I went a bit thicker on the pinstripe but I'm still very happy with it. I also recently installed mudflaps on the rear which you'll see are only in some photos. Next will be sequential mirror signals that I already have but need to install. And also side splitters I bought from Aerotekk. 

For some reason I don't have many day photos. I guess I need to get better at that.

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

3CF3EBE2-E09A-4F5B-A8F1-BBCF94A0A238.JPG

B0150446-C6DB-42DC-B73B-3004591686C7.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

I love the racing stripe and lower accent stripe.  Can you let us know your source.  Were they made custom or are they available somewhere?

I would love to apply a similar treatment to my 2016 Edge Sport, but in a different color.  It looks naked without those cool stripes

edge.JPG

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 4:52 PM, tashton said:

I love the racing stripe and lower accent stripe.  Can you let us know your source.  Were they made custom or are they available somewhere?

I would love to apply a similar treatment to my 2016 Edge Sport, but in a different color.  It looks naked without those cool stripes

Nice Sport! I had them custom made - I knew exactly what I wanted and had a local vinyl shop recreate them.

I'm attaching the official Edge logo for you or anyone who might want it for the side treatment in a vector format which is beneficial for any vinyl/graphics shop. 

edge-logo-updated.eps

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cookiemonster117 said:

Nice! I'm from fort lauderdale too! I'm lowered with exhaust. White with black 22s. Just recently put on a trailer hitch20210415_152457_capture.thumb.jpg.7e11aec95c4d0f7d33fcf8d116276406.jpg

Giving me competition down here! haha. Love the wheels and the lowering kit, super jealous! I'm going to be tinting my taillights soon as well.

What exhaust work did you do?

On 4/30/2021 at 2:45 PM, cds71 said:

Just thought......the downside to an awesome looking sport build....it looks less like a sleeper and might draw the attention of law enforcement.....just a thought.  

Just know.... I think its the best looking sport Ive ever saw!

Wow thanks for the kind words! I appreciate that.

You are right, definitely get a bit more attention but not as much as you might expect. Only got pulled over once and was found not guilty for it lol - so fingers crossed it stays this way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustang_mikey said:

Giving me competition down here! haha. Love the wheels and the lowering kit, super jealous! I'm going to be tinting my taillights soon as well.

What exhaust work did you do?

I got the taillight tint done at Six 0 Nine tint on state rd 7 and royal palm blvd. Was really the only shop that wanted to tint the tails with their weird design and were affordable. Exhaust is an X pipe with 2 borla mufflers. Got it done at G Exhaust. They have 2 shops and are very well known down here for exhaust. Thanks for the compliments. I got a crazy good deal on the wheels. Did the springs myself. I want to eventually get the coilovers one day and a tune.

1 hour ago, Cookiemonster117 said:

I got the taillight tint done at Six 0 Nine tint on state rd 7 and royal palm blvd. Was really the only shop that wanted to tint the tails with their weird design and were affordable. Exhaust is an X pipe with 2 borla mufflers. Got it done at G Exhaust. They have 2 shops and are very well known down here for exhaust. Thanks for the compliments. I got a crazy good deal on the wheels. Did the springs myself. I want to eventually get the coilovers one day and a tune.

How is the sound?  Any drone at highway speeds?  Sound clip?

58 minutes ago, CrackedDSM said:

How is the sound?  Any drone at highway speeds?  Sound clip?

Prob a lil drone at 80mph on hwy but not enough to bother me....no cell phone clip will ever help hear an exhaust sound....I originally just updated the mufflers but really got to hear it when I did the x pipe with the mufflers 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cookiemonster117 said:

Prob a lil drone at 80mph on hwy but not enough to bother me....no cell phone clip will ever help hear an exhaust sound....I originally just updated the mufflers but really got to hear it when I did the x pipe with the mufflers 

Honestly the bends in our exhausts are super...super simple.  I wish I still had my welding equipment, as I could get some pipe and fab up a bolt-in down-pipe back exhaust system for like maybe $250 including piping and mufflers.  Crazy how much magnaflow and others charge for their catback systems for the ST, or I would be super tempted to try it out.  Would just have to adjust the tips to fit the sport bumper vs the ST bumper.    So I definitely have been kicking back and forth going to a local exhaust shop and having them do it, but I kinda want to hear more examples of WOT and highway sounds before I do.  I don't want to hate it and be stuck with it. 

Edited by CrackedDSM

• 1 month later...