Sign in to follow this  
poontanghooligan

2020 ST - Doing lowering springs and need torque specs

Just got a 2020 Edge ST and am doing H&R lowering springs. I found the instructions here on the forum (awesome and thanks)  but I can't seem to find the torque specs for the various suspension bolts. Can someone fill in the blanks for me and any others I will need? Appreciate it!

Front

1. Strut top hat nut:

2. Strut to knuckle bolts:

3. Strut tower bolts:

4: Sway bar link nuts:

Rear

1. Subframe bolts (big ones):

2. T50 torx bolts:

3. Upper shock mount bolts:

4: Sway bar link nuts:

Edited by poontanghooligan
Included more info

Sorry I don't have access to them on weekends. Basically really damn tight and then check them in a few hundred miles for piece of mind.

These are all for a 2015 Sport right out of the factory manual.

Front

1. Strut top hat nut:   98 Lb Ft

2. Strut to knuckle bolts:  2 @173 lb Ft

3. Strut tower bolts:   3 @26 Lb Ft

4: Sway bar link nuts:  Upper link to Strut 85 Lb Ft

Rear

1. Subframe bolts (big ones):  4 @129 Lb Ft

2. T50 torx bolts:  Not Sure which bolts you are referring to

3. Upper shock mount bolts:  76 Lb Ft

4: Sway bar link nuts:  85 Lb Ft

Ford also states that all suspension fasteners NOT be reused.  If I were to reuse them I would add fresh thread locker to them.

@CharlieB Thanks man! I was close with my guesses. The T50 torx bolts are near the front-most subframe bolts and help hold the bracket the front-most big subframe bolt goes through.

Install went great. Took my time and was a total of 5 hours doing it in my garage. Ride impressions are that it's just a touch softer over minor bumps but gets aggressive fairly quickly, especially on corner exit with the hammer down. Very pleased with the change in characteristics.

Awesome to hear that the install went well for you. I plan on installing my h&r springs next week and this is the write up I was going to use. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wQ3WRD6zvzHaAbxE3hCZpyKIwbBI3-Gs/view , from this thread https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/22579-hr-sport-springs-on-g2-edge-sport/?page=7  Is this the same one that you used, any issues or tips?

Also, can you post some pics from the side and front. I am curious how much the wheels/tires are tucked in due to lowering and if I'll need to use wheel spacers to compensate.