I'm in the UK with my new 2018 Edge 210 ST-Line

niceonept

Greetings to everyone from me, Pete, in the UK.

I've just become the proud owner of my new Edge. It's a late 2018 ST-Line model (210) with Lux Pack in Canyon Ridge colour. 

Although it is two years old it's like new - barely used and with less than 5,000 miles on the clock. And at nearly £16,000 less than list price I think it was a bargain.

There aren't that many Edges registered over here (just 6,500 in total, ever) and they stopped importing them into Europe the beginning of 2020 so are already becoming quite rare. Unlike in North America where they are regarded as mid-size SUV the Edge is considered to be a very large car over here. In fact is was the largest Ford SUV you could buy in Europe. Now it's been discontinued it's now its baby brother the Kuga (which I think is the Escape on the other side of the pond) which is the largest you can buy new.

But the biggest difference between my car and most others owned by guys on here would of course be the fact it is right hand drive!

A couple of pics attached. Be great to hear from anyone out there.

84a8fd08-1bb2-4e4c-8e2b-226ba298d27b.jpg

a3a4e622-f24d-4517-9b81-95f6141af43a.jpg

Edited by niceonept

20 minutes ago, niceonept said:

Thanks. It's the model that replaced the Sport here in UK - the ST-Line. Not a lot of difference though, as far as I can tell.

In the states the Sport comes with a 2.7L twin turbo engine and sport suspension.  ST-Line is only the appearance package.

Years ago you could get 2.8 Cologne and 3.0 Essex V-6s in the larger European Fords - like the Granada (below), Scorpio, Galaxy and performance Capris, Sierras and Mondeos - but these have all been dropped in favour of much more economic and fuel efficient smaller engines. Fuel efficiency is a big factor in Europe as prices are much higher than in the states, e.g. diesel is currently about US$6.18/gallon in the UK.

However, although these  new engines are much smaller they deliver a lot more power than the larger engines they replaced e.g. the old 3.0 litre Granada delivered just 128 hp (130 PS) and 17.6mpg fuel consumption (14.7 US mpg) compared to my  2.0 litre Edge's 207 hp (210PS) and 37.2mpg.

Ford Granada MK I - 70s Britain at its best? - Patina's Picks

I had 2 of these Consul-Granadas in the 80s. The largest Ford you could get at the time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cheers CV.

Unfortunately however the powerful ST model as you know it is not available on this side of the pond. Our ST-Line models here share the same 210HP twin turbo diesel engines fitted to all other Edges.

The ST-Line is essentially a Sport dressed in ST clothes with a few added extras.