Locked out with both keys inside

Damn, I wanted to set the drivers door code and had difficulty with what I thought was the factory code attached to one of my keys, and that wasn't working so I tried the procedure with both keys in the car, and had difficulty with that also and in the process I got out the car and as I closed the door it locked, ........and now I still cant unlock it with what I thought was the factory code.

Will the Dealership be able to help me with the factory code?

Looks like I'll be using my wife's car to work tomorrow.

The attached photo is all I got from the Dealership - I assumed the code was 10778, would that be correct - if it is, then I'm not using it correctly.

Edited by 1004ron

Sorry but that little card with "10778 X" on it is not the factory code. It's very likely is the code to order new key fobs... The factory unlock code is written on a white card, about the same size as a credit card which comes with the owner's manual booklet and stuff in the glove compartment... usually left inside the car! :cry:

The best thing to do is to ask your dealer... With a proof of ownership and the car's serial number, they should be able to help.

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

I am actually surprised it locked. If a keyfob is inside the vehicle, it is supposed to unlock automatically if you close the door with it locked, unless you locked it using the keypad (pressing 7/8 & 9/0 buttons simultaneously) while the doors where closed.

I suggest you then remove the photo or blur out the code.

In many cases, the keypad code is with the owners manual, if you happen to have it outside the vehicle, check inside the owners manual pouch for the card. For a 2016, this is what the card looks like:

image.thumb.png.b9292a63fbc44a28eb120a1488769db2.png

the code can only be found two different ways first be plugging into the obd2 port and going through the security pats section and second its printed on the module somewhere in the car I checked to see if we had maybe stored the code in our system but we have not we normally do not for security reasons.  the code in your pic is the key cut code

The owner's manual states that you can get the factory code from an authorized dealership - I'll try another dealership, and if they respond the same I'll get another key cut.

Follow up from the service manager:

What they mean is we can hook laptop up and retreive code

I'd be surprised if Ford does not make the code available through authorized dealerships with the necessary proof of ownership.

Waiting to hear how long it would take to get a key cut using the code.

Edit:

Dealership called to say he's cut a valet key for me using the code I provided and he's reasonably confident that will get me into the vehicle - free of charge.

Edited by 1004ron
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1004ron said:

Edit:

Dealership called to say he's cut a valet key for me using the code I provided and he's reasonably confident that will get me into the vehicle - free of charge.

That's good to hear. Try again to get the code using the 2 key method stated in the owners manual, I just tried it on my 2016 and it worked. (comments in red are mine).

Displaying the Factory-Set Code
Note:   You need to have two programmed intelligent access keys for this procedure.
  1. Open the floor console storage compartment lid.

Missing Image

1. With the buttons facing the rear of your vehicle (up) and the key ring up (facing the rear of your vehicle), place the first intelligent access key into the backup slot inside the center console.
  1. Press the START/STOP button once and wait a few seconds. (I counted 5 seconds)
  1. Press the START/STOP button again and remove the key.
  1. Insert the second programmed key into the backup slot, then press the START/STOP button.
The factory-set code appears in the information display for a few seconds.
Note:   The code may not display until after any other warning messages first display. (it displayed after a few seconds)

• Like 1

The dealership is closer to my work than home, so stopped by on my way home this evening and picked up my free Valet key.

It worked perfectly.

Now have my factory keyless entry code saved - the code on the card inside my owner's manual pouch is ***0* and the number displayed on the dashboard is ***9*, which of course is one and the same thing with the door keypad.

For the method for displaying the code on the dashboard - I pulled the valet keys out of each FOB and placed them in the holder with the buttons facing up and the end where the valet key goes facing forward - tried other orientations and this was the only way that worked in my Sport.

• Like 1