Needed: 2018 Edge Driver's Door Keyhole Cover

klong

Does anyone know where I can find one of these in black?

Walked out to my wife's 2018 edge last night and it was gone.  I guess it either fell off or grew legs.

I went to the Dealership and they told me I need to buy the whole lock cylinder assembly to get one which costs mega bucks.

latch.jpg

• 3 months later...

The same cover broke on my 2011 driver door after slamming it shut. That cover was a bit wobbly, and after a few days of driving my door came unlatched at 60mph! I pulled the door closed from inside but the door card was pulling off of the door! I had to roll the window down and reach out to the door handle and hold the door shut-ish while I pulled over. 

The lock cover had almost fallen off, and somehow pulled the door handle open too. Easy enough to "fix" and continue on my day. 

I figured I could just take off the cover trim piece and replace it later. Nope! It's the only thing holding the lock cylinder in! Without that piece, the lock can just fall out on the road and I don't want to imagine how much it would cost to get a replacement or re-key the car. 

I'm looking into replacing mine now of course. Any tips appreciated.  

• 1 year later...
28 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-parts/ford-handle-outside-ds7z5422405aaptm

Spray it with the correct paint. This may not be your exact color as there is no R3 that I can find, but other Reds are available on this page.

https://a.co/d/iBZP91X

The R3 color is Burgundy Velvet Met Tint CC.

I'd prefer to wait and hopefully find one rather than try an odd color red. And its the handle, not just the keyhole cover.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, F4Gary said:

Such a crappy design.  Should just have a hole in it for key access like most other manufacturers.

A "hole"???? Oh how 2010! Practically ancient in car years.

In all seriousness, how often do you use a key to lock/unlock your car door? I can't remember how many years it's been since I have.

On 12/29/2022 at 7:51 PM, enigma-2 said:

A "hole"???? Oh how 2010! Practically ancient in car years.

In all seriousness, how often do you use a key to lock/unlock your car door? I can't remember how many years it's been since I have.

We tow our Edge 4 down behind our motorhome and in doing so I have to disconnect the battery.  If I didn't have to remove that cover piece, I wouldn't have to leave the car unlocked when I tow it.

It is not made to routinely take it off and put it back on as it would wear out the clips that hold it on.

• 4 weeks later...