Systems faulting

Jmiracle

I have a 2015 sport that has had intermittent issues with blind spot warning, cross traffic, my door switches and the entire climate section of controls not funtion. It usually goes away after unplugging the battery for a few minutes but it's not going away this time. My code scanner gave me a huge list of codes:

p193:00-af

P1703-00

P0230:14-cb

B130f:14-08

B1310:14-48

B1430:14-08

B1435:14-08

U0199:87-08

U0200:87-08

U0208:87-08

u0256:87-08

U3007:16-08

U3013:16-08

B1175-01

B1305-01

B143b-11

B143c-11

U0557:82-af

U0232:00-48

U0233:00-48

U0557:82-08

I was think bad bcm maybe? 

How old is your battery? When was the last time it was replaced? I would suggest getting the battery and charging system tested. It sounds almost as if your battery is on its way out. I would disconnect the negative battery terminal and leave it disconnected for about 30 minutes.

Do as Omar suggested.  Connect the battery and clear any DTC and then check again.

I've seen low/ bad batteries cause all kinds of mayhem on modern cars...our rides in particular are pretty prone to throw all kinda errors/faults check engine lights with a dying battery/ loose ground strap.

HTH

10 hours ago, Jmiracle said:

I'll check the battery but I don't think that's it. It's only about 1 1/2 years old. The car starts and runs fine

Never write off the battery. So many are made so cheap now a days that dieing in a couple years is far from unheard of. Same with doa batteries. Yes it could bee that more is demanded of them now a days that causes it, but either way it's worth getting tested.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jmiracle said:

I'll check the battery but I don't think that's it. It's only about 1 1/2 years old. The car starts and runs fine

2 hours ago, Perblue said:

Never write off the battery. So many are made so cheap now a days that dieing in a couple years is far from unheard of. Same with doa batteries. Yes it could bee that more is demanded of them now a days that causes it, but either way it's worth getting tested.

Today's cars with all of their modern gadgetry and features require much more of a strenuous demand than say vehicles made 15-20 years ago. IMO aftermarket batteries tend to last longer than their OEM equivalents. I can get 5+ years out of an aftermarket battery and ~3 out of an OEM battery.

Manufacturers cut corners wherever and however they can. They're not concerned with how long our batteries last. They're considered a consumable item. 

People will get them replaced at dealerships under warranty and move on if its not satisfactory or not convenient to go to the stealership.

My brother had some crazy experiences.... IPC lit up like a Christmas tree on a few occasions... Random DTCs and CELs.  Random starting issues.... Took it to the stealership and they took the entire day to test the battery....

Yeah you read that right! They took the entire day to "test the battery"  They replaced it under warranty.... all of the issues went away... It happened again and he replaced with the largest aftermarket battery he could find.  His edge has been rock solid for close to two years now!

The stealership replaced my battery in April 19..... Seems like its starting to fail....  Guess I'll be shopping for a battery sooner than later.....

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:14 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

are you the original owner of this vehicle? has it ever had the leak issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E--xAMZnLwIwC1So4aJcPdOOCJbGEzAb/view?usp=sharing

Check the battery with a digital tester like a Solar BA9 to be sure.  CCAs are important.

That's the first I've heard about it. I don't see/smell any water damage

I reset the codes and was watching live to see what pops up, had a code for the driver puddle light(light was out) and the blind spot monitors(both sides) pop back up immediately. Reset them again and everything ran fine for about an hour or two went to drive it today codes are all back again.