Unfamiliar sound on my 2016 titanium edge

Hi there everybody 

so happy to find this forum and hopefully you’ll be able to help me here as I’m going crazy with a unfamiliar alert sound which appears every time I use my car, sometimes immediately when I turn on my car or just while I’m driving and sometimes can appear several times on a 30 minute drive, take in mind no notification is shown on the screen so no why to know what this alert sound means. 
I thought this was a phone detected sound but I turn the Bluetooth off on my phone and figured it’s not it. 
my question for you guys is if any one here have a link to a video which explain each and every system alert sounds so I’ll know what this sound means ? 

I own a 2016 titanium Ford Edge.

Thank you so much in advance 

Avi

6 hours ago, lildisco said:

Probably the lane keep assist. Previous owner probably had it on sound only. Should be on the left side of the speedometer screen, under driver assist. 

There is no "Sound" alert on Ford's system. The alert is by vibration of the steering wheel. I don't if it was changed in newer models, but the 2016 Edge is like that.

From the owner's manual:

Alert only – Provides a steering wheel vibration when the system detects an unintended lane departure.

Alert + Aid – Provides an assistance steering torque input toward the lane center. If your vehicle continues drifting out of the lane, the system provides a steering wheel vibration.

Something has a sound alert, is it the Blind Spot? Maybe that's blocked? There would be an indication on the side mirrors though. 

I'm probably thinking of the pre-collision warning that makes a noise, but it also lights up the instrument cluster. 

I guess the OP should go through his Driver Assist options & see what they have. 

The below Warning Chimes System Diagram lists the warning chimes and the network of electronic modules involved in the sounds being generated through the Instrument Panel speaker or through the vehicle audio speakers, but keep in mind your Edge may not be equipped with optional features included in the list…

2016 Edge Warning Chimes System Diagram.jpg

The below-attached 2016 Edge Warning Chimes Description and Operation from the online Workshop Manual provides warning chime descriptions that may be helpful toward identifying the type and eventual source and cause of the intermittent alert sound…

2016 Edge Warning Chimes Description and Operation.pdf (download link)

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/11/2021 at 12:34 AM, circatee said:

Maybe another approach, is to record it (somehow) and share here. Thus, we all can possibly assist in figuring out what is causing it. 

I have been working on catching this alert sound and finally I got it so this is it. 
Hopefully someone here knows what it means.

• Thanks 2

I’ll ask for the second time, maybe now I’ll have more luck.

there is a strange sound while driving, parking or whatsoever, it can appear any time and several times each drive I take.
after exploring more I found out the sound doesn’t comes from the stereo as I turn the volume to 0 and still the sound appears.

another thing I found is that the sound comes from the back of the glove box, I have moved the glove box but yet to find if there is a unfamiliar  device which not a part of the car (I’m a second hand owner). 
if you have any idea you’ll help me not getting crazy looking for it to stop or figuring what the hell is it.

pictures of the back of your glove box will be helpful as well, maybe I’ll figure which part is not a Ford part. 
Thank you so much 

Avi 

Edited by Avi

It really doesn't sound like an alarm or information notification.

I'll go out on a limb and offer a guess that it's related to your blower motor.

An electrical component like a motor bearing or fan can throw off a sound on an intermittent basis. 

I had an intermittent sound coming from that area. I guessed it was one of the bearings on the blower motor (it sits behind the glove box). Would come and go. I finally pulled the motor (only took a few minutes) and shot some WD-40 into the bearings. Then some electric motor oil (simular to 3-in-one). And that stopped it.

In any case, I'd suspect either the blower motor or you have something (perhaps in the glove box, or fallen behind it) that's rattling around. (OK, that's a stretch, but ....)

In any case, I'd suggest that it's not a warning tone and proceed on that assumption. (Possibly a hvac door automatically opening or closing - and rubbing.)???

If it were me, I'd pull off the glove box door and go for a drive with the wifie poo in the passengers seat. Might be able to pin-point the culprit.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1