Changing destination while driving

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, F4Gary said:

Really dumb.  Could do it on our CRV and my Silverado.  I guess it's a Ford nanny thing.

Most mfrs didn’t allow that but some have changed recently.  But it’s also because Ford has allowed you to use voice control to manage destinations for over a decade.  Easier and safer,

• Like 2

11 hours ago, F4Gary said:

How is it safer than the right seater doing it?

Not safer than the passenger doing it.  If you allow the passenger to do it then you also allow the driver to do it while driving.  Ford experimented with 2 different technologies to allow the passenger but prevent the driver and neither were successful.

Its so easy to just say “Destination address” “123 main st atlanta”.

2 hours ago, F4Gary said:

Most manufacturers allow it, so it's not "unsafe".

You staring at the screen for an extended period of time, distracted, trying to type in an address that could be who knows how long, while driving is safe? Let me guess you text while driving too. Also reading the guesses in autofill is distracting too. Maybe some have allowed you to do it but people have funny ideas of what is safe while driving like applying makeup or reading a book or peeling an orange it doesn't mean it's safe. 

• Like 4

On 9/26/2021 at 11:26 PM, Perblue said:

You staring at the screen for an extended period of time, distracted, trying to type in an address that could be who knows how long, while driving is safe? Let me guess you text while driving too. Also reading the guesses in autofill is distracting too. Maybe some have allowed you to do it but people have funny ideas of what is safe while driving like applying makeup or reading a book or peeling an orange it doesn't mean it's safe. 

Triggered.  Lol. I hardly text at home much less on the road.  Why would I stare at the screen while my passenger types in an address?  This is hilarious.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:35 PM, F4Gary said:

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Is there a setting that will let a passenger fiddle with the navigation while I am driving?  Seems stupid to not allow  a passenger to change a destination when the car is in gear.

Simplest method. Plug and pay.

https://www.navtool.com/ford-edge-2015-2018-video-in-motion-category.aspx

21 hours ago, akirby said:

Voice control is still easier and faster.  I don’t understand why people don’t like it.

Boink

me: "destination 123 main street"

sync: "say 1 for blain street, say 2 for crain street, say 3 for same street, say 4 for guppy avenue"

me: "no main street"

sync: guppy Avenue, is that correct?"

me: "no"

sync: "connecting you to emergency services"

me: " no you !@#$%^ piece of +×÷=/. I said 123 main street"

voice: this is 911 what is your emergency"?

me: "no emergency. I'm trying to get my !@#$% car sync to program a destination"

voice: please pull over an officer will be on scene in two minutes. Is anyone else injured?"

me: you rotten !@#$%^ car. All I wanted you to do ....."

officer: sir, put your hands up and exit the vehicle."

sync: "heh, heh, heh"

Thats why. (Or in sync speak, "that's wye").

Edited by enigma-2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1