Struts and shock upgrade 2021 ST

Kbeck59

Blistien B6 shocks and Struts will work on the ST and older Sport models .

My question is does the Fusion Sport last model ( 19 or 20 ??? ) years use the same mounting system for the rear shocks and front struts ?

From looking at these parts and pics / videos online , they seem to be the same as best as I can tell .

The Edge ST only weighs about 500 lbs more than a Fusion Sport

Here's my reasoning for wanting the B8 over the B6 line , the B8 on Bilstiens website says it is meant for use with lowering springs and spirited driving ;  the B6 line is  upgraded OEM for better handling .

I'm thinking about ordering a B8 set for a Fusion , IF I can find a seller that allows for returns , if they wont fit physically .

Thoughts ???

You said you're looking at the B8. Are you installing new springs? (B6 use the OEM springs, B8 are for use with lowered suspension). Either will cause a harsher ride.

According to Summit Racing, the  Bilstein B6 p/n  is 24-252126, and the Bilstein B8 p/n is 24-252157. (But you'll need new springs.)

That's fir a 2019 Ford Fusion, no brakedown for sport or ST. Could give them a call at 800-230-3030 (8 am - midnight est) and ask.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/bilstein/part-type/shocks-and-struts/year/2019/make/ford/model/fusion

I'm going to go with no considering the fusion and edge are drastically different part numbers, don't look alike and going by photos looks significantly shorter. The fusion sits considerably lower in many ways, even compared to a lowered edge, so this doesn't surprise me.

Bilstein B6 Performance Series Shocks and Struts 2019 FORD FUSION Parts & Accessories | Summit Racing

Bilstein B6 Performance Series Shocks and Struts 2019 FORD EDGE Parts & Accessories | Summit Racing

Edited by Perblue
  • Like 1

Ironically enough this has been done or rather a variation of it. There is a guy on the FB groups (He's on here as well but I don't recall his name at the moment!) who installed the fusion coil overs on his edge. I don't recall the exact part numbers. It was significantly lower than a edge on H&R springs. Maybe he will chime in if he sees this thread.  

Just putting it out there that it can be done, if one should want to pursue it......Not advocating that it should be done.

• Like 1