Steeda Throttle Body Spacer

PrinzII

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i got one. I'm running a Weapon-R CAI, with the Steeda spacer, and for exhaust, i have a semi custom set up. Flowmaster with a added 2 foot resonator. Has a nice drone to it, but not TOO loud. As for the TB spacer, hard to tell yet. Let me get back to ya on that one.

-Cannon

I looked at that weapon CAI a while back, even called them.. but it is not really a "CAI" as it does not to keep the temp of the air coming into the inlet cooler than engine bay temp. no box like a true CAI to separate the air around the inlet from hot engine air. whereas the Steeda CAI does.

I looked at that weapon CAI a while back, even called them.. but it is not really a "CAI" as it does not to keep the temp of the air coming into the inlet cooler than engine bay temp. no box like a true CAI to separate the air around the inlet from hot engine air. whereas the Steeda CAI does.

True, but the Weapon-r set-up is better than the stock set-up. I honestly don't notice a difference with the Steeda TB spacer, but i'm sure it's better than how it was.

True, but the Weapon-r set-up is better than the stock set-up. I honestly don't notice a difference with the Steeda TB spacer, but i'm sure it's better than how it was.

yeah but now, as of like 2-3 weeks now, you could get a true Steeda CAI with an airbox (to compliment your Steeda TB spacer) as they finally released them

I'm assuming you guys are obviously looking to boost performance here. Just curious as to why you would waste time and money with anything initially before getting a tuner. You will never feel the performance increase on an intake, throttle body spacer ( aka : paper weight ) or exhaust and the tuner is cheaper than exhaust and not much more than an intake. Also, it is the simpliest install, 5 minutes, while you sit in your drivers seat and watch the cool little display on the xcal3... You can also flash back to stock in less than the initial 5 minute flash and reload the tune in even less time ( since it does not need to save out your factory tune after the initial load ) and never gets your hands dirty.

And you are missing the ear to ear grin when you stand on it and do a 0-100 mph sprint after you load the 93 octane max performance tune.. such a shame :hysterical:

yeah but now, as of like 2-3 weeks now, you could get a true Steeda CAI with an airbox (to compliment your Steeda TB spacer) as they finally released them

I ordered the TB spacer, CAI, and the tuner. The CAI will NOT fit in conjunction with the TB spacer. As for the tuner....LOOOOONNNG STORY, and after my Edge sat for 4 days dead in the water, and i spent 3 hours on the phone with SCT, it was returned,.. along with the CAI.

As for the other guy, .. performance gains can be had with stand alone parts and without a tune. Obviously a tune will increase their performances tho.

-Cannon

Edited by Loosecannon

I'm assuming you guys are obviously looking to boost performance here. Just curious as to why you would waste time and money with anything initially before getting a tuner. You will never feel the performance increase on an intake, throttle body spacer ( aka : paper weight ) or exhaust and the tuner is cheaper than exhaust and not much more than an intake. Also, it is the simpliest install, 5 minutes, while you sit in your drivers seat and watch the cool little display on the xcal3... You can also flash back to stock in less than the initial 5 minute flash and reload the tune in even less time ( since it does not need to save out your factory tune after the initial load ) and never gets your hands dirty.

And you are missing the ear to ear grin when you stand on it and do a 0-100 mph sprint after you load the 93 octane max performance tune.. such a shame :hysterical:

yep, much of this has been covered in several other topics strictly on CAI and tuners..

I ordered the TB spacer, CAI, and the tuner. The CAI will NOT fit in conjunction with the TB spacer. As for the tuner....LOOOOONNNG STORY, and after my Edge sat for 4 days dead in the water, and i spent 3 hours on the phone with SCT, it was returned,.. along with the CAI.

As for the other guy, .. performance gains can be had with stand alone parts and without a tune. Obviously a tune will increase their performances tho.

-Cannon

now.. first, when you got your non Steeda CAI & Steeda spacer, Steeda didn't even have their CAI, it was just unobtainum at that time, so how did they even know their existing TBS would or would not fit? Second, now that they DO have the CAI, they told you their own TBS will not even work with it, is that how you know it will not fit? Was there some technical reason for that in that the 2 together is uneeded?

-Cannon

Sounds like whoever programmed it screwed up, or SCT's baseline stock PCM program was not matching your strategy hex code. I just flashed the Edge back to stock this morning. Less than 1.5 minutes to do this. ( good chance it is being trading in tomorrow so I am removing the bolt on's today ) I have tuned 3 different Ford vehicles now with no issues. Lucky in this area I guess, but I have seen a couple guys on the trucks forum get no starts or errors in the middle of the flash. A real PIA when this happens but thankfully, not toooo often. Sorry to hear this man.

And I respectfully disagree on any realized performance gains using most of the bolt on's on these Edges, and I mean 'realized'... Your PCM is factory set for stock parts. Period. You need a knowledgable tuner to tap into various areas you are looking to modify. You will never realize the performance gains from an intake, exhaust and the "paper weight" mod. Edge already has the e-fans and have not seen an UD pulley or ignition system upgrade setup yet. Obviously, this is my opinion but is based on my experience with modding 4 Ford vehicles, 2004-2008 model years.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, on my Fusion I have the Steeda "CAI", tune, and throttle body spacer and that car is WAY different from a stocker. Not to mention I get insanely better fuel econ. I drive mostly all city miles and I average 22mpg on a the Duratec 30 V6 Fusion. We did an 800 mile trip and averaged 33.

I'm at least fairly confident that I'm going to get the throttle body spacer and the tuner from Steeda, but probably will stop short of the Steeda Edge/MKX "CAI" because I don't want the wifey's ride to growl anything near to what mine does :)

Edited by bluetexan