Misfire #1- new coils-plugs-pcm… need help

Fishinfool98

2012 Limited with 3.5  154,000 miles

Engine developed a miss fire on #1 replaced plugs,  coils  and injectors. Still had misfire.

sent out pcm. Get new pcm and replaced with another set of coils… still has misfire.

Start ohm testing wires and find that I’m getting readings on multiple wires on each coil with all the coils and injectors disconnected, disconnect the engine to ignition harnesses and the issue goes away…. Test the ignition harnes and I have 5 wires that ohm test together. 

In desperate need of a wiring diagram! 
Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by Fishinfool98

6 hours ago, Fishinfool98 said:

Start ohm testing wires and find that I’m getting readings on multiple wires on each coil with all the coils and injectors disconnected, disconnect the engine to ignition harnesses and the issue goes away…. Test the ignition harnes and I have 5 wires that ohm test together.

The 2 wire coil packs will all  have constant voltage at the  same time, the pcm is the ground. When the coil pack loses ground that causes the coil to fire.

Coil On Plug Ignition: The Wired Differences (siu.edu)

Coil-on-plug (2-wire) - primary voltage (picoauto.com)

"This principle starts with a magnetic field being produced, as the coil's earth circuit is completed by either the contacts or the amplifier providing the coil negative terminal with a path to earth. When this circuit is complete, a magnetic field is produced and builds until the coil becomes magnetically saturated. At the predetermined point of ignition, the coil's earth is removed and the magnetic field collapses. As the field inside the coil's 250 to 350 primary windings collapses, it induces a voltage of 150 to 350 volts."

I would suggest a compression test and coolant exhaust gas test, unless the one with no voltage is for cylinder 1 then start there.

• Like 3