What oil would you recommend

Victor

the interval is more important than the brand. don't try to overextend intervals, either in terms of time or mileage.

use a good filter.  motorcraft certainly does a good job, but there are better filters, my preferred one being the Purolator Boss (if you can find it lol).

your ride is nearly 15 years old. i don't know if it has had a water pump timing pump job done yet, but if not, do yourself a favor and step up to at least a 5W30 oil yearround. Shell Rotella Gas Truck has made the engine run the quietest in my testing, but quietness doesn't have a correlation to wear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if i had to choose, i would say the filter is more important than the oil, given the relative parity among off the shelf oil brands these days.

while there is a certification process for oil, there really isn't one for filters ... yet.  as they say, with enough time, anything will be regulated lol.

6 months is a good interval for the MC filter, assuming not over 7500 miles - of NORMAL driving.

if LA traffic is torture testing your Edge, move to a better filter, a 20K filter like the BOSS or the Fram ULTRA/Titanium can be changed on the second or even the third oil change (assuming avg mileage) and not break a sweat.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have ford garage change oil (TheWorks for tire rotation and inspection). They use synthetic blend and Motorcraft filter. Think mine has around 127k miles. 

Diverting a bit, have you changed your coolant? Ford garage switched my 2009 MKX over to latest coolant. Said they couldn’t buy the gold anymore. Changing coolant important for pump longevity.

Also consider changing tranny fluid, the PTU fluid and the power steering fluid, the rear axle and brake and blinker fluids. 

Concerning the use of high mileage oil, consider that Mobile 1 High Mileage will give you better fuel economy (which is always good) but not as much protection for your engine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@enigma-2 I'm about to reach 124,000 miles. But as I previously stated, the last time I changed my oil was last year in July. So it's about time I change it again. Regarding the coolant, I've only changed it one time and that was in 2020 if im not mistaken.  Bro, did you really say I should consider changing the blinker fluid? Lmfao I have H11 LED headlights so I don't need Blinker Fluid.

No need to change the blinker fluid then. Don't forget to switch your tires over from winter air to summer air next month. (Unless your running snow tires. No need for those as they will have melted by then). I have the Ford garage change mine as I'm allergic to lug nuts. Touch one and I brake (sic) out in torque. Yea, I know, all torque, no action.

• Haha 1