Ford part numbers and equivalents for Motorcraft Oxygen O2 sensors?

myf16

I have a 2009 Edge with a P0430 code (front bank catalyst efficiency). I want to start by changing the downstream oxygen sensor, which is very easily accessible. I want to use Ford parts or as close to their performance as possible.

What are the Ford part numbers for upstream and downstream oxygen sensors?

What company makes the Ford-branded O2 sensors? Bosch?

I wouldn't buy a Brand X sensor, but I can get an NGK 22500 with connector for $32. 

Edited to add: I looked at the voltage outputs from all 4 sensors, and they are working great. It's the front catalyst that's not doing anything. :(

Edited by myf16
  • Like 1

May be better to take to car to a professional mechanic rather than fire a parts cannon at it. While a O2 sensor can cause this code, so can a faulty catalytic converter, engine misfire, leaking fuel injector, exhaust leak & an O2 sensor that has improper readings (not just voltage output but correct analog readings). 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 9:12 AM, myf16 said:

I have a 2009 Edge with a P0430 code (front bank catalyst efficiency). I want to start by changing the downstream oxygen sensor, which is very easily accessible. I want to use Ford parts or as close to their performance as possible.

What are the Ford part numbers for upstream and downstream oxygen sensors?

What company makes the Ford-branded O2 sensors? Bosch?

I wouldn't buy a Brand X sensor, but I can get an NGK 22500 with connector for $32. 

Edited to add: I looked at the voltage outputs from all 4 sensors, and they are working great. It's the front catalyst that's not 

Edited by Victor

• 2 weeks later...

OBD2 DiagTroubleCode p0430 = Exhaust CatCon#2\Left\Front Efficiency Low

How many miles on Vehicle\OxSensors\CatCons?

OxSensors slowly degrade\fail with Miles\Time as they're chemical-based sensors that deplete with use\age;

should be changed every 100kMiles\10Years, along with SparkPlugs+Wires;

so if still running 2009 factory OxSensors they're well overdue to be renewed.

Old worn out OxSensors tend to bias the Fuel\Air mixture towards rich, so they cost you Mileage+Money & will cause the CatCons to run hot.

Your vehicle has 4 OxSensors; 2 UpStream + 2 DownStream = 1 in each ExhaustManifold + 1 in each CatCon.

All four OxSensors are 4WireNarrowBand type, are operationally alike & materially similar, excepting longer\shorter 4WireCables.

MotorCraft or Bosch (Ford Factory Supplier) is recommended; avoid cheap Asian copies as they're notorious for failing within weeks\months after install.
A Bosch 15719 with 24i00 0m610 Long Cable+Plug is good to replace any Ford 4WireNarrowBand Sensor, just ZipTie extra cable away from Hot\Moving parts.

The FordMotorCraft parts are 7t4z-9f472-a\7t4z-9f593-a\5f9z-9g444-ab\dy1056, but no need to pay jacked up dealership prices, just buy the Bosch sensors.

1431654075_2008.Ford_Exha.Sens_Cabl24i000m610_Bosch.15719.GIF.ba00602dc66cb4b98eb399fb0937732d.GIF

Edited by DILLARD000
  • Like 1