Blue gear cog dash light under trip symbol on left

JBrewer74

If one of the low beam headlight bulbs have a problem, there is a symbol that looks something like a gear. (But I believe it's amber in color).

The color of the symbol indicates the urgency of the warning/caution. Blue is an information color. About the only symbol that's blue is the high beam indicator.

Edited by enigma-2

From the 2013 Edge/MKX Workshop Manual...

Edge Base Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

763648693_2013EdgeBaseGaugeCluster.thumb.jpg.e6e0b46018d9afc699ada6cc6fb063bf.jpg

image.thumb.png.c6f27b99978670fc438cfe400cc4d835.png

Edge Optional IPC and MKX

NOTE: Edge IPC shown, MKX IPC similar

1206153199_2013EdgeUpgradeGaugeClusterMKXStandard.thumb.jpg.40b37186bd10ab618f1b59cc1daa66a2.jpg

image.thumb.png.4f6d3c67959d82b9bfbd17faf10b8c94.png 

Startup (Welcome)/Shutdown (Farewell) Mode

The IPC provides a startup/shutdown mode also known as a welcome/farewell strategy. When the vehicle receives a Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) request or a door ajar (open) message, the IPC gradually increases illumination of the gauge trim rings and turns on the message center (the optional IPC provides a welcome graphic). When the key is inserted into the ignition (key off), the IPC illuminates the gauge points. When the ignition is placed into the RUN or START position, the IPC begins a prove-out stage. During the prove-out stage, the IPC provides message center information (replaces the welcome screen with vehicle specific information on the optional IPC ) while illuminating all LED indicators for a predetermined time. For the shutdown, the IPC reverses the startup process.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz

Sorry that was a bit off, my bad.. wife asked me i couldn’t find anything so I asked here etc. just asked her for a pic and see where she was coming from but she didn’t tell me it was in settings menu ? 

it’s her car, I don’t drive it much etc.. 

it just looks like the gear is representing the settings menu and it’s lit blue because it’s currently selected? Heh. 

9B51B747-6677-4176-BA72-C95609014E44.jpeg

• Thanks 1