New Driver Mods wanted

TheWall0211

Hello.  I just bought my son his first car - a blue 2016 Edge Sport.  He loves it and we’d like to mod it a little together.  I’m curious if anyone is recommendations for easy father/son projects (and keep in mind he’s a new driver, so I don’t want to build a rocket ship).  

I’d love a recommendation on a good quad tip exhaust we can bolt on (no welding pls).  

Anything else you all would recommend?

Thanks in advance!

D7B2E84B-150F-4859-9F1A-EAE53EAC5042.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

Sure. First create a "My Key" for your teenage son. Set the maximum speed and volume for the radio. Better he drive safely (and boring) than the alternative. 

Father/son projects? Conside a ceramic coating for the paint. Nothing says "hot" like a high gloss paint job.

thanks.  The car already has the ceramic coating.

but I’ll look into the my-key.  He’s a responsible kid who has lived away from home since he was 13 thanks to sports.

id love a referral on a dual exhaust tip. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

Didn’t the 2016 Sports come with HID lamps?

Yes and No. It all depends on the options/ equipment group that your car came with.  That being said even if she does have HID you can upgrade them. I'm currently running Osram Cool Blue Intense. I purchased them a few years ago and they have even better HIDs available now!

You didn't mention which package your edge came with. You can add it to your signature.

27 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

Yes and No. It all depends on the options/ equipment group that your car came with.  That being said even if she does have HID you can upgrade them. I'm currently running Osram Cool Blue Intense. I purchased them a few years ago and they have even better HIDs available now!

You didn't mention which package your edge came with. You can add it to your signature.

My sport came with the 400A and Cold weather package.  Does that help?

6 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

that’s good, I suppose, but the headlights are still really dim.  I’d love to get referrals for brighter bulbs I can swap out - at least on the regular headlights.

I think these are the best bulbs available for replacement HIDs

XENARC NIGHT BREAKER LASER (NEXT GEN)

XENARC COOL BLUE INTENSE (NEXT GEN)

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Thanks 1