2013 Ford edge limited low and high beam headlight stopped working

Hello I have a 2013 Ford edge limited and my passenger side headlight has stopped working high beam and low beam if I move the wiring around it sounds like something clicking in the housing but I cannot get the headlight to work??

• 1004ron changed the title to 2013 Ford edge limited headlight has stopped
  • 1004ron changed the title to 2013 Ford edge limited low and high beam headlight stopped working

Yes I have replaced the bulb made sure my socket is clean but I checked for power in my socket and I'm not getting my test light to light up at the socket but I was told there is separate fuses for the driver side and passenger side headlights so I'm going to check into that when I get home tonight

could be your ballast.... Unless I over compilated the repair, I had to pull off the nose/front bumper so that I could get to the ballasts and swap them from side to side..... and it followed the ballast to the other side.  A pain to pull the bumper, but I think that might be your next step  

• Like 1

Have you verified which type of headlight you have, halogen (9012 halogen bulb) or HID (D3S HID bulb)?

A D3S HID bulb has a big aluminum box on the back of it, the 9012 Halogen is a simple bulb on a 90 degree base. If you already purchased one, cost difference of $10 or $50.

Halogen was standard on the 2013 Limited, HID was an option, included in both groups 301a and 302a and optional on 300a.

Edited by dabangsta

It is a halogen 9012.... And I do have power to the socket but I've tried three different new bulbs and cannot get the bulbs to light up I got a newtest light and I do have power into the socket but it's not lighting the bulbs up

Edited by Dar

Which socket are you checking? The one to the back of the headlight housing, or the one inside the headlight housing that the bulb plugs into?

My 2012 Fusion tried to burn itself down with a short in the internal to the housing wiring. The socket to the bulb was burnt crispy and the wiring was cracked and missing much of the insulation. If you have power then check the ground.

high and low beams work through the use of shutters inside the headlight. you can compare to driver side to see if both are working correctly.

clicking is when you try to switch back and forth between hi and low beams? or regardless?

usually not a wiring issue but certainly could be a plug issue OR bcm issue.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a guy in the f150 forum that had a simular situation. He tracked the problem to the connector on the back of of the fuse panel. It had worked itself lose. He pushed it back on and his passenger headlight started working again. 

The best way to track this is to start at the fuse. Check for test light working by ground lead on frame, pos lead on each side of fuse top (the little metal parts on top of the fuse are for troubleshooting purposes). If you get light on each side of fuse, fuse good.

Then switch the drivers and passengers relays. If problem switched to drivers side, you have a bad relay. If same, check wiring connectio at fuse panel. (Look under pass headlight fuse for wire.)

If good, continue tracking wire into harness and down harness for rodent damage. Basically looking to find exactly where the power stops.

Good luck.

• Like 1