I discovered over the last couple of days that my navigation system says I have no GPS, I can not call out or answer calls verbally on my phone.  Also the "Audio button" on bottom left of screen does not respond.  There may be other symptoms I have yet to discover but that is enough for the moment.  I checked/tested fuse # 32 (10 amp) in the passenger compartment fuse panel under the dash and that appears to be okay.  I have done a master reset to no avail.  

This all started when last week the electric cooler fan would not shut off when I shut the car off.  I got caught downtown with a dead battery and a good Samaritan gave me jump start with one of those new little jump start batteries..  Since it was late at night when I got home and the fan wanted to keep running I disconnected the battery over night and charged  it up.  I swapped out Relay #39 in the engine compartment fuse box and that solved that problem.   NOW I have the problem described in the first paragraph.

Can one or more folks give me some ideas as what to check next?  I was sure it was the fuse # 32 (10 amp) but it looked both good and tested good.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Try unplugging the battery again, leave disconnected for several minutes (or take the disconnected positive lead and hold it to chassis ground) to drain the capacitors in the various systems and reset the modules. Sounds like the APIM needs resetting. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you enigma-2.  That did the trick.  Hard to believe it was that simple.   Now I just wish I had a simple fix for the rust that has shown up in this last year, a car only six years old.  That's what I get for living in the northeast with chloride on the roads four to five months of the year.  Thanks again.

I have a 2009 MKX. She gets a trip to the car wash throughout the winter whenever they salt the roads. No rust.

Grand kids buy grampa car wash  coupons for Xmas. Great gift.

Haven't tried it, but a lot of people swear by Fluid Film. Best to find a professional to spray the bottom of the car as messy. Goes right over rust and stops it dead.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1