automatic climate control

blockisle9

Is there away to set the tempature to 63? Some times I like it cooler when wearing a winter jacket, I have to set it at 60 and lower the fan speed. I would prefer just to use auto mode, but at 60 in auto the fan blows full speed.

Hi blockisle. Short answer: No.

Longer answer: When set to AUTO and a low or high temperature is chosen, the system assumes you would like it to get to your desired temperature as soon as possible, so it will set the fan to blow at full speed until it reaches the set/desired temperature. Once the interior temperature reaches the desired temperature, the system will slow the fan and regulate the temperature with lower fan speeds and warmed or cooled air, if possible.

Try it sometime. Just set it to 60 on AUTO and let it run. Once the interior temp reaches 60, the fan speed will slow down, just as if it was set on AUTO at a higher temperature. Of course, that assumes your drive is long enough to allow it to reach 60.

But unfortunately the low temp limit skips from 60 degrees to 65, with no middle adjustment (61-64).

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thank You, Thats kinda what I thought. I wonder why they designed it to skip 61-64 :headscratch:

Thanks again!

Forgive me for asking a silly question, but why would you want to use gas to run the air conditioning when you could just open your jacket? I don't think I've ever wanted it lower than 70 degrees in the winter, even when wearing a heavy jacket.

Forgive me for asking a silly question, but why would you want to use gas to run the air conditioning when you could just open your jacket? I don't think I've ever wanted it lower than 70 degrees in the winter, even when wearing a heavy jacket.

I like it cool, jacket or no jacket. Its just annoying when 65 is just not cool enough to my liking, and when I lower it to 60 the fan clicks on to high. If I could set it to 64 or 63 in auto the fan would not blow full. 5 degrees is a big differential. Yes I could lower the fan manually but that defeats the purpose of auto. I was just wondering why they cut out 61-64.

I was just wondering why they cut out 61-64.

The answer must be because Ford did a lot of customer reasearch and found that nobody ever wanted it cooler than 65! You must be one in a million! I've got to beleive that if 65 is too warm for you in the winter, you'd be better off just turning the system off. It will still allow fresh outside air in.

The answer must be because Ford did a lot of customer reasearch and found that nobody ever wanted it cooler than 65! You must be one in a million!

If nobody wanted it cooler than 65, then whey have 60 as an option? I doubt Ford did any reasearch on this, my point was the engineering would have been the same either way. How many T-Stats have you seen that skips tempatures?

If nobody wanted it cooler than 65, then whey have 60 as an option? I doubt Ford did any reasearch on this, my point was the engineering would have been the same either way. How many T-Stats have you seen that skips tempatures?

Try to pay attention this time: 60 is not a normal temperature setting. It's for MAX cooling - when you first get in the vehicle on a hot day and you want it to cool as fast as possible. Same with 90 - Max heat. They made a gap so you can differentiate between regular thermostat settings (65-85) and the MAX settings (60, 90).

And I don't know anyone who wants it colder than 65.

My Fusion is the same way on its auto controls. I use 60 to get the ac going full blast in the summer (and make sure I set it back to 60 so that I can remote start and have the system running full blast), but I guarantee you that I don't leave it. In the summertime, I can't tell a difference between 65 and 60 - - I don't think my car could even cool to 65, much less 60.

Edited by bluetexan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...